A friendly note regarding the newly opened Chicago Marriott Naperville located at the intersection of Naperville Rd and E Diehl Rd (just south of I-88).
1. Concierge Lounge is on the 7th floor, quite a few floors to the left as you exit the elevators (in case the front desk forgets to tell you when you check-in);
2. The Starbucks will not open until late summer;
3. This hotel features an energy saving 'switch' located by your door - you must leave one of your room keys in the 'switch' to keep the power on in the entire room; this is important if you tend you leave electronic devices charging during the day;
4. Signage throughout the hotel is weak - not all room numbers are listed on the directional signs on each floor;
5. The smell of new carpet in my room was overwhelming.
The staff are quite eager to please but are a few grades short of the standard protocols (I arrived after 10pm and instead of providing a free bottle of water they charged me and failed to ask about a Platinum arrival gift). I am pleased to see this property open and will plan to stay here again based on location.