6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 18, 2014 3:41 PM by lindseyh RSS

Nice Spots

dbswedlow Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Two beautiful, unspoiled places in Mexico - Troncones is a secluded and very inexpensive beach resort about 30 km north of Ixtapa along the Pacific.  Patzcuaro is an inland treasure of cultural and vibrant village life in the mountains with a beautiful circumventing lake drive including several non-touristy Indian ruin sites.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Nice Spots
    jvaldes911 Silver

Even though Patzcuaro is beautiful and secluded...   It is well know for the its local artists (ceramic, copper, burnished ceramics, etc...) and Day of the Dead Festivities.   B&Bs are the way to thoroughly enjoy the local area and culture.   My family and I spent 45 days in Patzcuaro and the surrounding areas.   

Absolutely, a life experience...  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

I just looked up images of Patzcuaro, and it looks stunning! jvaldes911, did you make it out to the coast or Mexico City while you were there?

jvaldes911 Silver

Did not visit the coast on the trip...  Yet did not miss it at all the rich culture we experienced and cannot get on the coast.  You should also look into Guanajuato and San Miguel de Allende.  I absolutely love San Miguel.  Mexico City is a lot of fun also.   All depends on what you want to do and what kind of experience do you want...

Awesome! I will definitely look Guanajuato and San Miguel de Allende!

erc Platinum

lindseyh

This is a remarkable accomplishment. jvaldes911 has written twice on Insiders (per the credits assigned by Marriott). Once 4/15/08 above, and now six and a half years later! Both times with good stuff.

It makes you wonder how many of the other 103,000+ Insiders (thanks pingreeman ) are out there with valuable insights, just waiting to share with the rest of us.

Keep on keepin' on lindsey, you're making an impact. Nice work.

Thanks @erc!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...