17 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 9:26 AM by tef6178 RSS

What are the best Marriott hotels in Orlando near Walt Disney World?

majarfamily1994 Member
Currently Being Moderated

Our family will be going to Walt Disney World and would like to stay at a Marriott property. Any advice on which ones are the closes, cheapest, and the cleanest would be appreciated!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Orlando, Florida,
  • Re: What are the best Marriott hotels in Orlando near Walt Disney World?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I stayed twice in the past two months for extended stays at the Fairfield Inn in the Marriott Village. There is a Fairfield, Courtyard and Spring Hill Suites all together on one property. There is easy in/out access and the location is only a few miles from the parks. But, the complex has a daily shuttle to and from the parks ($7 I believe is the fare). You can also opt to drive to Downtown Disney from this complex (2 miles) and park and use the Disney buses to go to every park. The buses are free. The parking is free.

Happy Travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Oh, and yes, the FFI is very clean, has a super free breakfast (hot and cold foods) with lots of seating and the rate was very inexpensive (I stayed on a Senior rate for $76 but the regular rate was good too. The complex is secure (guard gate) and has plenty of free parking.

majarfamily1994 Member

Thank you so much for your response! This particularFairfield was one of the few I was considering! I will definitely check into the prices for our trip at this Fairfield Inn!

Again, Thanks!

annie@ya Silver

We stayed last year at this Marriot Village thinking it was going to be great from the description and pictures.  It was not great.  It was bad all the way around.  I love the Marriot, but this was the worst one yet.  The beds were uncomfortable.  The sheets kept coming off of the beds, yuk.  The noise in the room from fifty million guests walking by at all hours of the day and night were the worst.  I would not recommend to anyone ever.  Everything was closed, the food court, the bar at the pool.  And they kept having maintenance working in the pool area with power tools.  Front desk, air plugs--PLEEZE

annie:

It's unfortunate that your experience was not a good one. When was it that you were there? What hotel of the three did you stay in? Did you report the issues to the front desk or GM? There has certainly been no maintenance going on there the last two months that I have been there. If there was an issue, believe me, I would be all over the associates about it. Last month I was impressed with how they handled the crush of folks there on Spring Break. Very efficient. Sorry about your stay, but those issues you report were not there on mine and did not make my stay a bad one. I have experienced issues with maintenance in the past at other properties, but I have immediately asked they be addressed. With the number of nights I spend in hotels, I would be very upset with issues that ruined my stay.

Bottom line is this FFI was really an excellent stay, the food courts were well managed and the issues regarding housekeeping or maintenance were non existent while there.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

We also enjoyed our stay there!

mjcas Gold 2 Reviews

We stayed at the FFI in Marriott Village and enjoyed all the convenient facilities.  thwr's a great pool for,the kids, plus,there's a food court with multiple choices for all family members.  The vilLage is also gated, so only guests can enter the sire, which makes it safer and more secure.

djharris Platinum 1 Reviews

We always stay at the JW Marriott in Orlando.  Kid and adult friendly.  The best lazy river and pools, activities, etc. for all.

crabbylegs Silver 1 Reviews

We recently spent a week in Orlando and stayed at the Spring Hill Suites, near Sea World.   Fantastic location!   Shuttle to parks, delicious complimentary breakfast,  new and clean rooms,  great value, and friendly staff.   This hotel is walking distance to local restaurants, Sea World, and a pharmacy.   Highly recommend!   

rockyw. Silver 1 Reviews

I live in Florida and have been to just about all of the hotels around Disney (annual passes/we like to stay when we visit). If you're going with kids, I'd recommend the Residence Inn/Lake Buena Vista. You can get a 2 bedroom suite-- tv in each room and a 3rd tv in the living room, spacious, free breakfast (and I believe they have a sundowner meal at 5pm during the week, but don't quote me on that...may have it mixed up). They're right up the road from Downtown Disney, they're around several restaurants.... It's the best area to stay if going to Disney, in my opinion. I'd recommend searching for hotels with 'Lake Buena Vista' as the city as this is the Disney area... some Orlando hotels are further away from Disney and more remote.

If with kids, you may also want to check out the "Fun Spot" where they have go-karts, games, etc....just google it-- there are two in the Orlando area. If you go to the one in Kissimmee, I'd also recommend eating at Flipper's Pizza. All natural ingredients and the kids LOVE it. There's also a Flipper's Pizza by the Fuddruckers in the restaurant parking lot next to the next to the Residence Inn/Lake Buena Vista.

ENJOY!

cricker Member

I stayed recently at the Courtyard in the Marriott Village when I was in Orlando for a conference at Disneyworld.  It was very nice and quiet and much cheaper than Disney hotels.  The location is convenient to Disney and is near a good selection of restaurants and the premium outlet mall.  It fit my needs very well.  I wasn't there with children, so I can't speak to how suited it was for that.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...