23 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2012 10:04 PM by painedplatinum RSS

SUMMER BONUS

dejamo Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This is summer bonus for PP's?

What a croc

Terms and Conditions

1. Registration is required. 
  2. Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion by June 30, 2012, will earn 2,500 bonus points after staying at two (2) different Marriott hotel brands, an additional 2,500 bonus points after staying at three (3) different brands, and an additional 10,000 bonus points after staying at four (4) different brands—up to a maximum of 15,000 bonus points—between June 1, 2012, and August 31, 2012, at participating Marriott properties. 
  3. Bonus points will be awarded in one lump sum 3-5 weeks after the conclusion of the promotion. 
  4. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member's nights or stay. 
  5. This offer is not transferable. 
  6. Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for credit, and MVCI owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for credit. 
  7. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. 
  8. Offer valid at participating hotels within the following participating brands, including JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Courtyard by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®. 
  9. Stays at our exclusive luxury partner, The Ritz-Carlton®, will count toward achieving your bonus. 
  10. All Marriott Rewards program terms and conditions apply. 
  11. Visit MarriottRewardsBonus.com or call 888-MARRIOTT (627-7468) for complete details.

© 2012 Marriott International, Inc.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: SUMMER BONUS
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I guess it is better than getting nothing..or maybe not?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

dejamo Platinum

Not,

All this will do is further alienate their "most valued customers"..........

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

It's looking as if Marriott is conducting some type of test this summer. There appears to be a multitude (way more than normal) of bonus' this time. I have been part of the 40,000 or 50,000 point program forever. This time I'm offered max of 3 nights at cat 1-4. Some folks are also being offered a secondary bonus for FFI or SHS. I would love to know the strategy and goal of these programs. The criteria for who gets offered what is not easy to figure.

My fear is this test is going to aggravate more people than not. That can't be a very good outcome far any promo.

dejamo Platinum

Hence another reason IHG and HHI will be getting all my nights for the rest of the year

dejamo,

Do you have a theory as to why the different bonus' this time?

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Has anyone who is unhappy with their promo offering called Marriott and ask to have your promo changed?  In the past, this was a simple phone call fix.....

I did that once. They told me they would make a note on my account and manually adjust when the promo dates were complete. I haven't called this time, as of yet.  Shoe, is the promo that you are offered this summer comparable to your norm?

ya, I got the 40k promo, same as always.  I would think that the varying promos reflect somewhat the recent activity of the recipient.  I have never stayed at a ff or ss or ri, so any promo including those properties would be worthless to me.  On the other hand, I have never failed to qualify for a megabonus (except for those with the visa card tie in).  Do you tend to have stays in these properties?

I do stay at those properties. The funny thing about the 40k promo..I'm like you, I've never missed the 25 nights. So I am surprised that they offered me what certainly on the surface is much less. I'm curious as to their strategy. Hopefully, it's more than just random.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

PP, And did you get the points once the promo was finished?  Profc has given up on calling for changes to her promos.

eb,

I did get the points...although it took quite a while (as I recall)

Thank you, pp, for answering.

I did call CS yesterday after I read a post in "elite award previews" mentioning that some were being offered 40,000 points.

The CS told me initially that 15,000 was the max award and I'd been entered.  It was 5,000 points after a weekend stay of 2 nights, up to a max of 3 weekends. After asking her if there wasn't an award for 40,000 points, she affirmed there was and got in touch with the internet CS department.

They said they could switch it but the processing of nights would have to be done by hand (with a computer available like they must have?) and that points would be awarded after Aug. 31, even if the goal was attained earlier.  It seems that's the way it was designed to be anyway.

The assignment does seem to be random, or else they're trying to get us to go outside our normal stays.  We'd have had no problem getting the 15,000 points since our stay has been continually for nearly 2 years while Larry works on site in AL.  The only ones we have trouble reaching is where we have to pay a certain way since we can't change the payment method.

But do call CS.

(This message edited to remove a name placed in error.)

eb,

I'm trying to find this "elite awards preview" that you noted in your post. I've struck out. Can you direct me to the area in question?

Thanks, PP

It was in the right hand column close to the bottom when I went to the home page at some point. 

I'll see if I can find it and edit this post.

Found it!!

Marriott Rewards Members:

Exclusive Sneak Peaks

I really have to congratulate the internet people.  Now I get to reply without signing in at a separate place and losing my path to where I was going in the first place.  Proof that they are monitoring and trying to correct some of the issues.  I'd just told someone that, but I've also seen a few posts that questions were going unanswered.  This will certainly help that problem.

Not to get too picky but it appears on what I read that the MR member brought up the 40,000, not Andy, is that the way you read it , also.  Andy just speaks to the "unique" promo for the summer. I say this because a believe Marriott is intentionally trying to be ambiguous on the different promos' out there. 

As far as the phone call goes, I don't know whether it helped or not.  They changed the promotion for me supposedly, but it remains the same on the promo listed in Larry's acct, which is still the 15,000 points.

It seems to me that they could change it on the acct. also, so that we would know what's going on and have a back-up proof rather than a phone call that could later be denied and / or forgotten.  My memo for checking on it is in the first week of Sept.  I don't know where their memo is or in what manner it's tracked later.   

If these promos were really personalized, it looks like they'd have a multiple choice for us to make our own decisions.

dejamo Platinum

Ambiguity and frustration are getting too common with MRI.   Take away the All Inclusive Carribean/Mexico trips,  pull this random bonus ****, monitor, edit and revise away

"Experimentation" with the random bonus offers is the most ridiculous snafu they have come up with yet.

Watching the degradation of benefits,  guaranteed inconsistencies, continual lip service, I neither have the time, nor inclination to have to continually ask for something that should be automatic.

Lord,   are there enough voluminous posts yet on this crapola ?

PP/Shoey............I see no reason for me to call and ask AGAIN  to be signed up for a promotion that should be automatic.   As a premier with 77 rollover in addition to the 109 nites I stayed so far this year,  a reasonable person,  even at Marriott,  would think that a reduced bonus promotion offer would not sit well with the masses. Besides I will not stay any more nights at Marriotts unless it is my only choice.   Platinum/Premiers,  there are no realistic, tangible, justifiable incentives or distinctions between the two levels, so why bother.

I can no longer justify to myself, the reasoning to continually wage these battles which I have little time for.  There are less expensive hotels,   guaranteed /appreciated comps, in a lot of cases - nicer accomodations and most importantly provide better service. It was far too easy to get reciprocal status at IHG and HH for me to stick around and watch.

I suppose I screwed up by staying so many nights this year already, as my lowly, essentially worthless,  plain ol' platinum status will be renewed,  but not the secret handshake, cryptographic, gang-sign required premier status.  So it looks like I will have to wait until 2014 to receive a Lifetime Platinum card, becuase I wont be staying any in 2013.  With tons more  than the required 1000 nights, points,  years etc....   I probably wont even see a lifetime card,  as I am sure those will be given and taken away at random by then as well.

For those of you who choose to pursue, good luck and I wish you well.

erc Platinum

Having joined this valuable (to me at least) forum early this year, it is amazing to me how many similar stories of sophisticated, loyal travelers like dejamo I have read. To see this growing irritation over service quality, benefit deflation, even baseline customer respect,  stated over and over again by what should be highly regarded, top of their field customers, leads me to believe that this must actually be an operating direction that Marriott (a very effective margin leader) has strategically chosen to implement. This last gasp of frustration by what must certainly be at least an average rev-par consumer group, reminds me of what I inform the athletes I coach when I tell them, "don't concern yourself when I ride/push you, worry when I have nothing to say to you at all", Marriott has apparently taken the last breath of customer loyalty out of several key (or apparently in their opinion - not so key) stakeholders. From a selfish point of view, I regret the departure of long time ROI contributors like dejamo et al., in my opinion it weakens the impact of the rewards participants, which perhaps is the overall game plan. We shall see. Best wishes to you as well, dejamo.

Hey Dejamo

good luck in your endeavors.  I cannot fault your decision, and hope you find greener pastures. 

safe travels

shoeman

How about this irony...Marriott wins the freddie awards for the MR program. I really feel they have the best product..I would like to see a push on their end to raise the bar of customer satisfaction.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I guess I look at this a little differently..I used to stay at Marriotts almost 100% of the time. Now I only stay at Marriotts when it is convenient to me and where the competitors offer me a better deal/arrangement I go with the Competitor. I am hoping the Marriott at some point returns to the old Marriott and the customer service improves dramatically including offering benefits to their most loyal guest like their competitors. It is a shame that Marriotts customer service/benefits to their most loyal customers has deteriorated so much and I hope its not a sign of the New Management now that Mr. Marriott has pretty much turned over the day-to-day operations to Mr. Sorenson!!!! I too don't understand how Marriott fared so well in the Freddies this year?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...