8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 3:57 PM by anadyr RSS

Evacuation signs led me astray

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Have you seen those signs that are required to be posted at every elevator in a hotel, telling you what the evacuation route is, and where you are?  Here's the one from the Denver area Courtyard where I spent the week accepting new a/c units on a daily basis.  As you can see, according to this laminated sign displayed prominently, I am safe, since I am outside the building and need not worry.  Perhaps the intent was to place a dot near the elevator where I took this photo?  Apprently but it was missed.

DSCN9712.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Englewood, Colorado, USA
  • Re: Evacuation signs led me astray
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I had no idea your cheeks were that red and rosy!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yep whatever, as my kid always says!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Isn't that a red dot near the top of the drawing?

Yes but it is not the same sized red dot as shown in the "you are here" place, but covers an electrical closet.  (which was down the hall and to the left).

Now we're splitting hairs on the size of the dot?????

Yes but the dot was not in the place where I was and since it was a laminated sign it could not be moved or removed.  I was a good 50 feet away from the location of the dot on the diagram.  Other floors correctly located where I was, just not this one.

I saw a billboard the other day for a new Scion(?) car model.  80% of the ad was blank. In the bottom right corner was a small car with "Actual Size" written beneath it. Your dot size comment left me thinking of that.

That is a good one too. I got a window cover for the car, one of those eyeball types that unfold to cover the front windshield and in small print on the lower-right is the statement, "remove before driving."

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...