33 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2016 9:19 AM by jerryl RSS

Wentworth by the Sea recommendations

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are finally taking TJCNY's recommendation and will be staying at the Wentworth by the Sea for five nights the first week of May. I would greatly appreciate recommendations regarding room location requests, platinum benefits (suite upgrade?), and any other suggestions regarding the resort and surrounding area. I will post information regarding our experiences here and at the Custom House upon our return.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Castle, New Hampshire, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts
  • Re: Wentworth by the Sea recommendations
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

superchief,

Wonderful hotel and experience!IMG_1298.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

Jerryoin,

Thanks for the picture. Do you have any suggestions regarding room request location or likelihood of getting suite upgrade? We are really looking forward to it.

Superchief,

I was lucky and got a nice room upgrade in front of the CL.  This whole place was very enjoyable.  The Concierge arranged to have up picked up at Logan and brought directly to the hotel (for a fee), but it was well worth it.  Here are some more pictures to help you view the property.

IMG_1288.JPG

The room was nice, with a great view, it was room 338, ask to see your room prior to bringing the luggage to it!

IMG_1293.JPG

The staff is really great, and look for this guy!  He is wonderful, His name is Ben, and he is Food and Beverage Manager.

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

The Library is a good place to dine if you like meat.  The hotel has a free shuttle to the downtown.

Hope this has been helpful,  Have a great trip!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Excellent room

Yes,

It was a great way to spend Christmas.  Would never have gone there had it not been for TJC, there is a guy that should come back!

His account is disabled, according to his bio.

That is too sad, I really do not know what happened, but I think it was another case of "Time Share" problems.  I am really glad I never got involved!

superchief1 Platinum

jerrycoin,

Great pictures. I will plan to request for 338 or a comparable room. Was it considered to be a suite and did it have a good view? I plan to call the resort this week with my requests. Thanks.

superchief1,

It had a great view and was just down the hall from the CL.  The CL was not open on the week-end.  Here's a picture of the bathroom and view!

Have Fun!

IMG_1289.JPG

Nice spacious bathroom!

IMG_1297.JPG

superchief1 Platinum

Thanks. This looks great. If I am assigned another room, I will definitely ask to see the room first.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

will be stayed at the hotel this week and will update this site

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

jerryl while there, if you pass through Kittery, ME, be sure to stop at Bob's Clam Hut. 

Yes as we are heading to Kennebunkport tomorrow and will drive down the coast. I have heard great reviews for Bob's but will also think about the Maine dinner and their seafood chowder .  will end his trip at Marriott Peabody and hit Rockport and Ipswich

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

If you happen to be in Rockport in the morning, I highly recommend grabbing a cup of coffee from Bean & Leaf then heading up to Helmut's Strudel Shop for a delicious morning treat.  You can either bring them to the top of the circle or the back deck at Helmut's to sit back and enjoy the morning while looking over the harbor.

Thanks for the tip Cara

Just checked into the hotel and so far so good  view from the room and visit to bob's in Kittery image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

This is the Bush compound in Kennebunkport. The flags were flying  so one of the Bush president was there

The concierge lounge is small but functional but no liquor at night at all. Given it is a resort I was surprised that they had a lounge. This morning I found out that Americans don't have a monopoly on ugly when visiting other countries. One of the lounge attendants was trying to fill the refrigerator with drinks and juice. Well it happened to be right below the tray of Danish. An older British couple just berated this attendant that he should have been filing the fridge before they got in . I shook the attendant's  hand on way out and told him he was doing a great job. Given that the lounge is small the food selections were limited but breakfast was good .

mustanggt Platinum

I've stayed at Wentworth by the Sea a dozen times and have enjoyed every stay.  There is a terrific bar/lounge and the food in the main dining room is great.  If you are into sushi, wander into downtown Portsmouth and eat at Sake restaurant.  My favorite coffee/pastry shop is right in the middle of town, Breaking New Grounds.  Enjoy your stay.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

What a coincidence....I was just searching the NH/Maine area for a possible autumn week. I came across the Wentworth and was going to get insight from MR Insiders.  I hope you don't mind if I eavesdrop on your thread, Superchief.

PP,

Book early, this place can be tough to get into!

If you fly into Logan, consider renting a car, but give yourself extra time.  It's not a difficult drive, but just don't get lost. 

You will enjoy the shopping and dining in the area.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

JC,

Thanks for the tips. My wife will enjoy the shopping and I'll enjoy the dining

PP,IMG_1296.JPG

Here are a couple more photo's that you may find interesting. You may want to avoid this place, it was highly recommended by I ate Christmas Goose, and it was undercooked and made me sick.

You will enjoy the walk around town, and stick to steak at the Library.  The food at the hotel is also very good!

Of course I am staying on points Monday and Tuesday . It has good reviews but will see as a platinum

superchief1 Platinum

I am flying into Portland and renting a car there. I then plan to return the car and take the train to Boston. I would have preferred to go in fall, but was able to use my MVC DC points for 3 nights at the Custom House, and use MR points for 5 nights at this resort. Since both were available, I decided to go in May. I greatly appreciate everyone's suggestions, and will provide a report after my trip. I still have one dinner for 2 certificates to use, and plan to use it in the restaurant.

I miss TJC's participation in this and the TUG forum. His destination and property reviews and suggestions were extremely helpful, and he always kept an open mind.

I agree, TJC whom I knew personally, was a fantastic addition to both sites.

SS,

He was an initial Ambassador, wasn't he?  He knew his stuff, and I wish him the best.

Yes, a fascinating guy and fun to chat with (which we did almost weekly).  TJC is an excellent analyst, as good as Pingreeman, who could go through mounds of data and find correlations.  We dined together with wives in the east village in NYC one day, and became good friends.  He is a family oriented fellow with a fine sense of humor too.  I  miss him but know that he is happy in his work and his family life.

superchief1 Platinum

I am happy to hear he is doing well. I was concerned that something may have happened to him. Please give him my best if you talk to him, and tell him he has motivated me to visit Wentworth by the Sea and Custom House. We usually do beach or mountain (in summer) vacations.

Jess Gold 2 Reviews

If you want a great place for breakfast/brunch, go right down the road to The Golden Egg (The Golden Egg - Breakfast/Lunch: Home Page (Portsmouth, NH)). It's about a mile away, back on Sagamore Avenue, right by the turn up towards the Wentworth. We thought it was much better food than the Wentworth's Sunday Brunch. We tried both, and definitely preferred the Egg. The Wentworth's restaurant served a wonderful dinner, but the Golden Egg beat it for morning food.

Our only other reservation for the Wentworth was the hardness of our bed. As an overall property, it's lovely.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...