8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 4:28 PM by profchiara RSS

Elite night "credit"

mtraymond Gold
Currently Being Moderated

If I reserve 2 rooms for 5 nights, do I get credit for 10 Elite nights?  I am taking family on trip. All previous travel was business.  This is first time that I am getting more than a single room.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite night "credit"
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

If you're there and you pay and both rooms are under your MR number....I'm fairly confident you'll get 10 nights and the points associated with these rooms.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mtraymond Gold

That's what I am hoping for.  However, for Hilton HHonors that is NOT the case.

MTR

conman Platinum 1 Reviews

Sorry, no, you'll only get elite credit for the one (your) room. I've often booked 2 rooms and that's the deal :-(

mtraymond Gold

Thanks for sharing your experience.  To bad.  It definately favors Marriott, but what's new?!?!?!

mtr

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Well, this is part of the terms and conditions for earning points. Unless I reading something wrong, I think you're entitled to the points.

A Member is eligible to receive Points/Miles for staying at participating

Marriott brand hotels or Ritz-Carlton hotels for his/her room and up to two

additional rooms. At least one of the rooms must be reserved and registered in

the Member's name and the Member must pay for all rooms, which payment

arrangement must be requested at time of hotel check-in. The Member must also

stay in one of the rooms. To ensure Points are automatically posted to the

correct Membership Account, the Member's Rewards Program Membership Number must

be present on his/her room folio and up to two additional rooms, as

applicable.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Marriott Rewards members can earn points for their room plus two additional, as painedplatinum has pointed out.  Night credit towards Elite status and promotions are only earned for your own personal room.

conman Platinum 1 Reviews

Except apparently when you buy a Marriott Encore Week for your own personal use - purchased directly from a Marriott Sales Associate while staying at a Marriott property ... Marriott calls that a "wholesale package" but there's nothing in the fine print or Timeshare Sales Presentation that mentions that lack of Elite Night and MR Points credit. Had I known about that lack of credit, I would never have spent the $1,600 or so on an extra week... Not cool, Marriott. You're better than that!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

In view of the other replies, I would you suggest booking one of the two sets of stays at the Marriott and the other at another local hotel at which you have elite privileges so that you can get full points.

I recently stayed at two ACCOR hotels in France (for which I was not the named designee nor did I pay anything) and yet because I showed them my ACCOR Platinum card I got credit and points. Go figure.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...