16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2015 10:21 PM by jerrycoin RSS

What hotels do you like in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral?

majarfamily1994 Member
Currently Being Moderated

What hotels are your favorite in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral area in Florida?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
Cape Canaveral, Florida, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach
Melbourne, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Melbourne West
Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach Cape Canaveral
Titusville, Florida, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
  • Re: What hotels do you like in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

majarfamily,

Have stayed at the CY and liked it as well as the RI.  If you want to stay a little further away Titusville has a great FF.

Know the area well, was on the Board of Directors for the CC Beach Chamber of Commerce.  You will be in for a great time.

Please let me know if you need any dining recommendations.  Plan on seeing the space center, it is very  special.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

majarfamily1994 Member

jerrycoin,

Thank you for your response! I would love any recommendations for dining in Cape Canaveral! We went to the space center years ago, but was only there for the day. We plan on at least two/three days in Cape Canaveral this time. We would like to go back one day for the space center.

Thank you again for responding and any information would be appreciated!

majarfamily1994,

A couple of places I think you will enjoy:

Port Canaveral, try Rusty's Raw Bar, it's inexpensive and right on the water.  They grill a lot of wonderful seafood, and it's fun to watch the ships come and go from your table as you dine.  You may consider going Deep Sea Fishing right next door for a half or full day.  Take some sunscreen!

Another fun place that is popular is down the beach South, and on the beach, CocoaNuts.  A cult type of place famous for beach volleyball and good food.

A famous place for BBQ, and early Astronauts frequented it was Fat Boy's BBQ.  I don't know if its still there if not there anymore, go to Sonny's BBQ, it is a great place to have an inexpensive meal.

If you want to "Splurge" for one meal, go to historic Cocoa Village, in Cocoa.  The best steaks in Brevard County are Ulysses, and the next door the other best place to dine in the county is Cafe Margaux, owned by my friend Alex, tell him hello if you even just go for a drink!  Your family will enjoy walking around historic Cocoa Village!

IMG_1550.JPG

majarfamily1994 Member

jerrycoin,

Thank you so much for all the dining information! I will put these in my book for when we go on our trip!

Thanks again!

Glad to help!

Just remember you are about 40 minutes from MCO to CC Beach.  If you rent a car, get one that allows the tolls to be added on to the rental car price or carry some extra change.  I think there is just one toll booth from the airport to CC Beach and it is around a $1.

Have a wonderful time!

ericwynn Platinum

I am from the Area. Good advise and suggestions!

cheryl326 Platinum

Hello Majrarfamily

Jerrycoin gave you GREAT recommendations! I love Rusty's - it's a classic Florida marina restaurant. When I lived in Cape Canaveral, it was a favorite place to eat. Casual and comfortable. I can recommend the Fat Snook for a very upscale (more $$$) restaurant. Cozy place, resort casual, with amazing food and service and close to the CY. Save room for dessert.

If you are traveling with kids, the Orlando Science Center is awesome and has a lot of interactive activities, Florida exhibits and a unique IMAX like theater called the CineDome

"Featuring a giant screen measuring 8,000 square feet, the 310-seat Dr. Phillips CineDome projects films through a fisheye lens, creating an image that surrounds the audience and extends well beyond their peripheral vision. Each screening is an invitation for fun and discovery."

osc.org - Home

Some website to check out for things to do and recommendations of all kinds:

Search results: cocoa beach, florida - TripAdvisor

Cocoa Beach, Florida vacation and tourism information | VISITFLORIDA.com

I always check the local paper online for local events, surf contests and festivals that may not show up on these other websites.

Brevard County area:

FLORIDA TODAY | Brevard FL news, space, videos, high schools, sports, entertainment, business, real estate, jobs | floridatoday.com

Greater Orlando area:

Orlando news, information, weather, hurricane coverage, sports, entertainment, restaurants, real estate, jobs, business, classifieds - OrlandoSentinel.com

Enjoy and have fun.

majarfamily1994 Member

Wow! Thank you cheryl! between you and jerrycoin we will be all set for place to go and eat! I can't wait to try these places out!

Again, Thanks!

Cheryl,

Thanks for your kind words.  Here's another place that is really good, pretty classy for this area, but good for a "Special Occasion", a little far from Port Canaveral. This is located in Melbourne Beach, try D'Jon's Steak and Lobster House, it's pretty good!

IMG_1542.JPG

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

Elegant!

IMG_1547.JPG

Mom lover her Lobster!

Location Brand Hotel
      Melbourne, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Melbourne West
        majarfamily1994 Member

Thanks Jerry!

If you have time or get to Titusville, let me know!

Have a couple of good spots that no one would know about that you might enjoy!

majarfamily1994 Member

Jerry,

I can tell you love Florida! We have some friends that live in Cape Coral that we might go one day to see. Any suggestions of place between Cape Canaveral to Cape Coral?

I do appreciate all the help!

majarfamily, 

I am sorry, I do not know of any suggestions between Cape Canaveral and Cape Coral. I hope that you will get some good advice on MI!

majarfamily1994 Member

Jerry,

Thanks for your reply. I don't even know if we can make it to Cape Coral. I will be very happy if we can make it to Cape Canaveral!!   A change of atmosphere is always good!

Again, Thank you for all your suggestions! I'm sure I will be asking more questions later!

majarfamily1994,

Thank-you for the nice post!

There is a lot for a family to do on the Space Coast, and most of it is either free, or modestly priced.  To me it is a "Safe Haven" from Orlando!

Here are some other places one might enjoy!

IMG_1143.JPG

We love Sonny's BBQ!  Wish they were in the MidWest!

IMG_2540.jpg

The family can always enjoy The Kennedy Space Center!

Have fun!

Location Brand Hotel
                  Titusville, Florida, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Titusville Kennedy Space Center
    homoviator Platinum

Just finished a few nights at Cocoa beach in Residence Inn. I loved it there. The service was amazing. I got an upgrade after asking for it to a 1 bedroom suite. The feel at the Residence Inn is very inclusive and relaxed.  We loved everything about it. I don´t even care that I got less points, they did such a good job that they will make me reconsider Residence Inns.  I´d prefer something on the water, but we actually changed our reservation from a Marriott in Hilton Head to this place.  I´m glad I did. We all seemed to enjoy the room. I´d definitely go back to Cocoa beach. Insider tip, we went to some of the on water parks for free beach parking in the afternoon once everybody had left for the day. With two hrs on the beach, we were good, so it worked out well.  However, if I could find something like the RI on the water, I´d be in heaven.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...