6 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2008 1:12 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Staying at the JW Marriott in Mexico City

stdstaliban Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at the JW Marriott in Mexico City? What's it like? any good tips?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Staying at the JW Marriott in Mexico City
    redwing22 Platinum
    I've stayed there a few times.  It's a very nice property with good security.  The rooms are very comfortable with all of the amenities of a J.W. property.  The desk can help arrange for a "secure" car as opposed to taking one of the local cabs.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sapbiconsultnt Platinum
    The Marriot in Mexico City is over a great area, why? because in front of it you have the Chapultepec's Hood  (Beautiful view from higher floor), also you're in one of the most secure and well keep area, as for business as for shopping. Polanco is a residential and office area where exist a lot of most recognized hotels in mexico City. also you have the option in the same area to know famous and important restaurants of typical food or the most representative international food. it's a good option for night actities, Pubs, restaurants, discos, a lot of activities and the most important is that you're in a secure area. Follow guidance of the front desk advisor to avoid any inconvenience.

sapbiconsultnt Platinum
    The Marriot in Mexico City is over a great area, why? because in front of it you have the Chapultepec's Hood  (Beautiful view from higher floor), also you're in one of the most secure and well keep area, as for business as for shopping. Polanco is a residential and office area where exist a lot of most recognized hotels in mexico City. also you have the option in the same area to know famous and important restaurants of typical food or the most representative international food. it's a good option for night actities, Pubs, restaurants, discos, a lot of activities and the most important is that you're in a secure area. Follow guidance of the front desk advisor to avoid any inconvenience.

cindytrainer Platinum

Been there.  This is a high end hotel and the best hotel I have stayed at in Mexico City so far. Excellent staff - speaks English and Spanish. I felt very safe at this hotel.  Concierge floor is very good for both breakfast and dinner and includes a nice view. Main restaurant is also very good for a full breakfast buffet or order off the menu. My room had an in-room safe but it does have a lock out after about three tries so be careful or you will have to call for help.  I did not have any problems plugging in my computer or getting Internet. Tip - Instead of using my cell phone, I purchased SKYPE credits and called via headset and Internet back to the US. Tip - Tips are expected.  Maid, concierge, luggage, etc. I got the best exchange rate by withdrawing money from the ATM at the hotel. In advance make sure your credit card is approved to work in Mexico. Hope this helps. 

jennilyn01 Platinum
    A friend of mine and I (both women in our late 20s) stayed at the JW for a few days in December last year. It is a safe area, even at night, and there are a few good restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are as good as any other JW, and the service from the conceierge in arranging transportation and sightseeing was top notch.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The food at the JW is awesome!

the security is just as great! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...