78 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 9:17 PM by lone6star RSS

New Promotion

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone gotten a different "New Promotion" listing.     Mine just popped up and it's very disappointing.     Stay 2 nights at a Springhill Suite between now & 7/31 and they'll give you 5000 points extra.    I've been getting the stay 2 nights anywhere & get a 1-4 free night up until now.    Wondering if this is this an across the board change or just to me.     I'm reserved into Marriotts during that time period -- think they want me to change?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New Promotion
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I got the same promotion yesterday.  I seem to remember having a similar promotion in the past when other promotions are not available.  We have a few upcoming reservations that I don't want to change; however, I'll force myself to make a couple of reservations at Springhill Suites in the meantime.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Was this promotion for any Spring Hill Suites or just targeted ones?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

kroywen,

It is a new promotion for me also.  The 'get a free cat 1-4 night for every two stays' promotion ends April 30th.  This is a follow up promotion.  Tef, it is for any of the 280+ SHS's in the U.S. and Canada.  5,000 points is not as good as a free cat 1-4 certificate, but it's better than nothing.

Agreed....it is better than nothing and any promo is appreciated. I completed the promo ending April 30...but haven't seen this one yet.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I hope I get this promo. Was it on Rewards home page? I actually have 2 Springhill stays already booked during that time period. I'll take whatever promo is offered after current. Thanks, Al.

Al,

Mine came under "new promotions for you" when I clicked on "Promotion Central" on the My Account box when I signed in.

Be sure and read the Community Manager's Exclusive Sneak Peak to learn about another new promotion.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

ditto.

Mine was also under my promotion area, but it was for Fairfield Inn. I also got it in the mail.

That is interesting that you got Fairfield Inn, but as I said earlier, I do a lot od Springhill suites each year, as I have a soft-spot for them as well as the breakfast there, I like it! LOL!

Kind of like Burger King!!!!

Thank you very much! I love PROMO"S and found the 2, summer promo, and Springhill Suites, and am now registered!

Made my day Razor!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I had the summer promo..didn't see the Springhill or Fairfield. Where were these, Al?

PP,

I simply went to promo central, and there was a notice indicating "2 new offers" and just clicked "register" on each and it automatically registered. Somebody else indicated that they were offered Fairfield Inn instead. Must be targeted. I generally do Renaissance and Marriott proper, but as mentioned in an earlier post, probably do my third most stays at Springhill, mostly as they are near a lot of sporting event venues I go to. Must have something to do with that.

I hope you get the invite! I already have 2 Springhill suite reservations in the time frame, I wonder if that may have something to do with it. Let me know.

Pained:

Try this site:

http://www.marriott.com/FairfieldBonus

It is the address that came on the mailer.

Pained:

Sorry...wrong info....the address is:

http://www.MarriottRewards.com/FairfieldBonus

I just went downstairs and looked at it again.

Thanks Tef.  The link won't work. It seems to be offered to some folks and not others.... These megabonus's, summer bonus' and such appear to be getting drilled down to the specific members. My daughter is offered something different than the ones on this thread. I'm offered even one more unique promo. C'est la vie.

tuono07 Platinum

Thats the problem with being a Lifetime Platinum, I dont get any of those promotions!

Hi tuono:

Don't these promotions (or others) show up in your promotion area on the marriott.com web site when you sign in?

I am Lifetime Platinum, and I got the offer. Wonder what happened in your situation?

I have one promo available. Free night at cat 1-4 after two "stays". I normally get the megabonus type counting nights versus "Stays". I prefer the nights.

Did you catch this I added Pained:

OK HERE IS THE BEST ON THE OBSCURE PROMO THAT I CAN SEEM TO FIND!

It is called "Escape The Everyday"

It runs from May1st through July 31st, with 5,000 points being awarded after the 2nd Stay.

It says you can also register at 1-866-921-3957

Hope this helps!  -  Al

Thanks Al...I'll give them a cal.

Hope they hook you up my friend!!

sdbroker Platinum

I have the following promotion coming up:

"Earn up to 40,000 bonus points with Marriott Rewards® Summer Bonus when you stay at any participating Marriott® hotel worldwide. With the world’s most distinctive array of hotel brands, you’re always on the road to something amazing."   "...Marriott Rewards® members who register for this promotion by June 30, 2012, will earn 20,000 bonus points after 15 paid nights, an additional 10,000 bonus points after 20 paid nights, plus an additional 10,000 bonus points after 25 paid nights—up to a maximum of 40,000 bonus points—between June 1, 2012, and August 31, 2012, at a participating Marriott property.... "

Not as good as the 50,000 points I picked up last month, but I'm not going to complain.

FYI, I'm Platinum with 83 nights stayed this year, 335 nights earned this year.  My promotion may be different than yours.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Yeah.  I don't think all of that made a difference in which was offered, and for many, with numbers and level higher than or equal to yours, it's an aggravation that we weren't, to put it mildly.  I think it may have been the last straw for Dejamo.

It just seems to be random.

Very poor customer relations, isn't it?  But think of all the people who don't know that there are other options without this medium.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Thanks for communicating this.   I just called up and switched my Summer Bonus, which was weekend stays to this one.  This is easy for me as well as I have about 60 nights this year on stays alone.

THANKS SO MUCH!

tmallon Platinum 1 Reviews

I also have the 15/20,000 - 25/40,000 promo offer but wonder why some others got both offers.  Did the Springhill/Fairfield offers cap how many pts you could earn?  Is it 5,000 pts for every 2 stays or just stay twice get 5,000 pts.  I would much prefer the Fairfield offer but I seem to only get the Mega offers for 15, 20 or 25 night stays.

It appears to be a one time shot at 5,000 points for simply doing 2 stays with no minimum on nights.

OK HERE IS THE BEST ON THE OBSCURE PROMO THAT I CAN SEEM TO FIND!

It is called "Escape The Everyday"

It runs from May1st through July 31st, with 5,000 points being awarded after the 2nd Stay.

It says you can also register at 1-866-921-3957

Hope this helps!  -  Al

glaker Silver 5 Reviews
    Just got the Fairfield one yesterday...an the Summer Bonus today.

Earn 5,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points after you enjoy two stays at Fairfield Inn & Suites hotels between May 1 and July 31, 2012.

• REGISTER here or call 866-921-3957.
    • BOOK now for stays at any of our 680+ hotels between May
      1st and July 31, 2012, at fairfieldinn.com or call 877-MARRIOTT.
    • EARN 5,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points after your second
      stay!

Summer Bonus

To earn your free nights: Register by June 30, 2012
    Stay twice at any participating hotel between June 1 and August 31, 2012
    Earn one free night after every second paid stay, up to three free nights

Enjoy your free nights at any of 2,900+ category
    1-4 hotels.

Wow, I usaully get only a 2 free night max. That is cool that yours indicates 3. I know if I call they will change me from points to stays or vice-versa as I have done many times. Curious if they would offer me 3 nights based on stays. Looks like I will be making a call in the next day or 2. Thanks for the information. Much appreciated!

r_fick Member 5 Reviews

My husband got the Fairfield Inn promotion.  I was planning to stay there and tried to sign up.  It seems that you are not targeted for a specific promotion, you cannot sign up.  Methinks it's time to locate a different hotel chain.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

The grass may not be greener on the other side...

r_fick Member 10 Reviews

I'm aggravated... Pick a place to stay for a business trip and save the company some money, Had 2 choices, other one doesn't offer breakfast, but Mickey D is right there.  I used to stay at Courtyard, but got tired of the price going up.

What award level is your account?  I don't have an award level, so I wouldn't be able to sign up, either.  Am I willing to not get a bonus in order to put the stays I take in my name?  I'm not.

I see that you travel on your own business trips, while I don't very often.

But other hotels might have better options for us.

keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews

I have yet a different promotion offered to me. Stay at two brands between June 1 and Aug 31 and get 2500 points. Stay at 3 brands and get another 2500. Stay at 4 brands and get an additional 10,000 points for a total of 15,000 points.

By the way, I'm Platinum Premier (not sure what criteria is used to make the various offers).

I'd prefer the 25/40,000 option. Guess I'll call.

Interesting. In some ways a better (and easy to achieve) promotion, but the grand total of points available is not as great as the other.

Interesting that this is even a new one in the fold. You should be entitled to the summer promo as well. I thought everybody is????

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Due to this post, I have been enrolled in 2 additional promotions.  Without MI, most of us would not know to ask.  Thanks to all of you for your input.

If you don't mind, what are the other 2 promotions?

I don't remember all the details but one was for 1 stay at a CY and the other for 2 at a Fairfield.  Both end at the end of July.  There are many promotions and it helps to have some info before you call rewards.  One gives a lot of points for many nights, another gives a cat 1-4 cert for 2 stays, another gives points for staying at different brands.  These are all that I know about.  I expect that there are more.  Good luck if you call Rewards.

If you look backwards on this forum, I called yesterday and switched to the 40k points promo.  What is interesting, is that on my Promotions link, it still shows the old promotion.  I will see if it changes next week, and if not I will call MR back up.  I don't stay at Faiirfields, so I won't opt for that.  Andi won't opt for the weekends one either.

I changed too.  I was told that the old promotion would stay.  I would have to call after the promotion was over and they would process the new for me.  They would take away anything that was added from the registered one at that time.  I am not sure that I will use the FF or CY ones either.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

I am signed up for 2 promotions.

I generally just look through them all and sign up for them all, and see which ones actually work out in that time period.  Figured out at the price of buying points, this promotion is slightly better than some of the ones that give you a $50 gift certificate, as it would cost about $60 to buy 5000 points.

The free night stay isn't worth much more, as the last property I used mine on cost $65/nite.

I think that most of us would prefer points.  I wonder how many of each cat are redemed using points.  My guess that most are for higher cat.  If that is the case the lower hotels don't have many coming in for a free night.  This could be the reason that Marriott gives Cat 1-4 certificates.

If they want to use categories, I think they need to take into consideration the category of hotel the stays were in, and then issue a certificate at a comparable level.  Its just not fair if you say at Cat 5 and higher all the time, to earn a certificate at a Cat 1-4.  Places you may want to go, may not even have a cat 1-4 property. What then?  Just let it expire?

I am with you.  That is why most of us prefer points.  Last year, I did well.  I went to China.  I redemmed 5 nights for the JW in Beijing, a cat 5, and wanted to stay 2 nights at Renasiance in Shanghi which was a cat 4.  Cost if paid was over $200 per night.  I used my cat 1-4 for 1 night and my cc cat 1-5 for the other night.  I think that I did well.  this is not always the case.  Most often we would prefer to use our free nights at a higher cat.

As for the other, Marriott makes the offer easy and some do better than others.  Some stay in more expensive hotels and some is less but the credit is the same.

I take part in the Starbucks card promotion.  I most always get a more expensive drink.  I get a free drink after 15 paid drinks of any cost.  I meet a man redeeiming a free drink for the most expensive drink they offer and he only ordered the least expensive drinks to achieve it.

keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews

I replied previously that I was going to call to change promotions. Did so more then a month ago. Was told it was all fixed. My promotion in the system didn't change, so I called the Platinum Premier line again today. Representative said I was set up for the original promotion. She told me to call back on Monday. I protested saying I called a month ago and she transferred me to the Marriott Rewards people. They confirmed that the change to the other promotion was annotated in my account, but that it would not appear as a change in my online account because they could not systemically do that. That was new information to me.

So -- I guess I'm enrolled in the promotion I wanted to be in. Do not understand why the PP line person couldn't see that same annotation that I had been changed to the other promotion.

I was told they'd have to add the points by hand in August after the promo.  I guess that if we seen any promo points added from now until then, we should call them to make sure the original promo isn't added. 

It doesn't seem like we're able to be offered the FFI promo even though I stay there often. 

I was told basically same thing; that once i hit the required minimums, to call up and have the points added onto my account.

Many have expressed that they would have prefered a different promotion and have had to call to change.  Those who would like Marriott to allow us to choose our promotions should consider voting.  Maybe this could be changed since Marriott has a cost of having staff change ours and then again when we have to call back so they can adjust our points.

So far 5 have voted for it and no one has voted against.  We need more than 5 to get Marriotts attention.

Where do you vote on this?

I just brought it to the front of Activity.  Otherwise go to Ideas, look down to those with 5 voted!  Let me know if I did not make it clear.

Just voted, so it should be at 6 now.

Ok, so I just called about signing up for tthe Free Nite after 2 stays, and was told that I can't double dip with the promotion that I already have.

I called this morning to double check that I can double dip on what I have: a free night after 2 stays and CY weekends, the answer was yes.

Who did you talk with?  Maybe we should make a point of letting the person we talk with know of the marriott insider who has the benefit, and the marriott employee who facilitated?

I did not take the name down but realize that I should have.  Next time!

Not only share the information, but we should make sure that marriott is aware of their employees that go to extraordinary lengths to take care of Marriott Guests, and make sure these employees are well taken care of so they not only stay at Marriott but rise up the ranks and influence decisions.

You are right!  I do mention people who go out of their way to make my stay better.  One lady told me that because of people like me she was getting a free trip and was able to take her daughter since she is a widow.

people get promotions based on what we say.  Same is true on the cruise ships.

Yes!  One time when a woman went out of her way to help me, I went back to tell her management.  I asked him if this would help her and was told that when promotions cpen up, having good reports in their record does help them.

I know when I used to do business in CT, there were a few Marriotts up thre that would have anonymous cards you would fill out to rank the hotel on their service.  They would also have cards to nomiate employees who went out of their way or not!

I used to fill these out all the time, for the employees who went above and beyond.

I remember filling this out as well.

Now I get emails with feedback forms asking me to rate stays.

I have not gotten an e-mail for a long time.  I thought they stopped surveying us.

I just did an online survey today for Marriott.  I get these about once a month.

Maybe it depends on where you stay. 

Perhaps as I only get them for some but not all.

I don't get one for every stay, but about once a month or so.  It could be because some locations, just want to constantly improve; and want feedback from it's customers.