1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 18, 2013 11:34 PM by drewrox402 RSS

Hotel not honoring Platinum guarantees

traveler9907 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Checked into the Marriott Newport Beach Bayview (California).  Was not welcomed as a Platinum Premier member, nor was I asked if I would like an arrival gift or points.  I had to tell the clerk as I was heading to the elevator that I wanted points.  I wrote an email to Marriott, who then contacted the manager.  She called me in the room and offered a fruit plate.  I don't think a fruit plate = $100 gift guarantee.  In addition, this hotel does not have a concierge lounge; we are supposed to be offered a complimentary continental breakfast instead.  I was not offered this as well.  This also should come with a $100 gift.  Avoid this hotel if you are a Platinum Premier member and want to be rewarded for your loyalty to Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel not honoring Platinum guarantees
    drewrox402 Gold 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

That sounds really frustrating. I had a similar experience as a Gold member, especially the fact that they didn't offer you a gift! I want a concierge lounge too. I get the complimentary breakfast which is actually very good i wish i could eat that every morning. You should try the other Newport Marriott it's actyally my favorite in the area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...