8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 12:46 AM by anadyr RSS

Marriott Bournemouth UK

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just back today from a wonderful weekend at the Marriott Highcliffe, Bournemouth UK. Its a 2 hour train journey from Waterloo, so ideal if you are staying round the corner at the magnificent Marriott County Hall. Bournemouth is on the coast and has beautiful sandy beaches and the Marriott Highcliffe occupies a superb location high up on a cliff overlooking the sea. I was lucky enough to get upgraded to a "Coast guards cottage" which are really sweet little cottages next to the main body of the hotel. The food in the restaurant last night was top notch, the presentation would put any top London restaurant to shame and everything was well cooked. Lovely friendly staff all round, amazing views over the sea, great indoor spa with pool and jacuzzi and in the summer months there is an outdoor pool (it was open today even though it rained a bit). I recommend this hotel if you are in London and fancy getting away for a night away from the hustle and bustle of busy London. I feel refreshed after my stay in Bournemouth.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Marriott Bournemouth UK
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

platinumstar,

Great post!

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend some time.  Love to walk to Waterloo from County Hall and see the activity!  Have never been to Bournemouth, but will try to take this trip in on my next stay!

Here's a picture of the front of Waterloo Station, walking from the County Hall Marriott.

IMG_1727.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This was one of my favorite places in the UK--glad to hear it is still a destination and nice too.

SS,

Bournemouth sounds like a great story!

Wanted to make Stonehenge this trip as well, but will have to settle for memories from decades ago!

Ever been to Land's End?  I have tales to tell about that place. (not the clothier of Sears ownership)

SS,

Is that Penzance?

Never been, but want to go.

At the very edge and there are a scattering of palm trees too

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Great post platinumstar, and great piggy back, Jerry.  Am very glad to learn about this location.  (Anything on the water is good in my book.)  Thanks!

Thanks Pluto!

These kind of trips are so much fun!

I hope we can get more MI from around the world to add to MI information.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...