10 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2012 3:27 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Munich Marriott: a better welcome for Elite Members

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Some while ago, I posted a slightly negative note about the Munich Marriott, singling out the fact that it offered none of the following: an Executive Lounge, complimentary breakfasts at the week-ends as well as week days, early evening "refreshments".

Let me update that piece. The hotel now offers complimentary breakfasts every day of the week, and access to free drinks/snacks at the Lobby Bar between 18.00 and 20.00hrs.

It does make a difference; my thanks

A

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Munich, Bavaria, Germany Marriott Hotels & Resorts Munich Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Munich Marriott: a better welcome for Elite Members
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

arkwright:

Thanks for the update! It's always good to find that a property has bettered their game. Thanks for letting us know!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I appreciate the update as well.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Glad to hear this.  It's encouraging.  Hope it's because they listened.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Arkwright,

Thats good news!

Have stayed at that hotel before and it was real nice.  Took the tram into MarionPlatz from there and really enjoyed the city.

Take care!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Zehr gut Arkwright

Arkwright,

Again, this is a most peaceful property.  Here are a couple of photo's from my collection that I really enjoy.  The HofBrau House is a lot of fun.

DSCN0140_0112.jpg

DSCN0144_0115.jpg

DSCN0152_0120.jpg

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Writing this, I've just realised that I'm replying to myself - a massive exercise in self-indulgence, if ever was the case! Mea culpa.

It is encouraging to discover that "market forces" do sometimes work to the advantage of the consumer. The Munich Marriott is slightly unusual in that it is situated about 3/4 kms from the city centre (though the U 6 line is efficient). This is one of the reasons why, as Jerry notes, it is usually a quiet establishment. However, one point for would-be visitors to note - which has been made in previous posts, but might have been forgotten - is that during the summer the likes of Munich, Zurich and Heidelberg become the destination for many visitors from the Middle East - particularly Saudi and the Gulf States - accessing the medical facilities on offer.This trend is largely determined by the timing of Ramadan; i.e. the percentage of visitors from the Middle East to the likes of the Middle East declines significantly during this Festival.  From the German economist's point of view, it is a more than useful trend, as Germans themselves are noted for low rates of personal consumption.

This year Ramadan falls between 20th July and 18th August - a period which includes the London Olympics!

A

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

We are indeed an interconnected world, are we not?

arkwright,

This is a very good point!

I have never taken this in to consideration, but should have.  One of my trips to London, at Grosvenor House, I experience what it was like in London during this period, and it was very crowded.  The taxi driver told me that some of the properties around Knightsbridge go for 10,000's of L's per WEEK!

When staying at the Munich Marriott, you will be please to get to/from The Munich airport via the tram.  It will save you a lot of time and money.  Don't make the mistake I made and stay at the Marriott near the airport.  It took just as long to shuttle from their as it would have taken if I would have just stayed at the Munich Marriott.  By the time I spent checking in/out, it was not near as nice of a hotel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...