23 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2012 10:19 PM by nuhusker RSS

New year's eve, Times Square, 2012, will honor Dick Clark

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It is month's away but the Times Square Alliance will make sure we all remember the incredible Dick Clark this December 31st. Here are the details--book now at the Marquis!NYE2012.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: New year's eve, Times Square, 2012, will honor Dick Clark
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

won't miss it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

of course

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I am with NU!

Let's let Pluto do this one, I will be with NU having a cold one watching on TV, and Shoeman is also welcome.  Party is in Washington. Mo. 

On 12/31/2012 I am going to be at the first stop of the East Wind, AKA Chatham MA on Cape Cod as we finish off the 300th anniversary of the formation of the village as an incorporated place.  all are welcome to join in

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Ah, I will have to take a pass on that one, Mr. JerBear, even though Mr. Clark will be missed.  NYC in the winter is not my cup of tea.  Nor am I any kind of New Year's Eve party girl.  Prefer to catch up on sleep with an 'early to bed' number for that paid holiday.  In fact, I've always disliked having New Year's Day as a paid holiday.  Would prefer a paid holiday on the Monday after Easter for nicer weather.

Lightbulb...  Would make an exception for New Year's Eve in Sydney!  A late night after watching fireworks explode off of Sydney Harbour Bridge.  And in summer, no less!  I'm on board for that.  Indeed.  Sydney Harbour Marriott at Circular Quay would do the job nicely.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

sounds great.  count me in!

Don't tease me.  Unless the Cornhuskers are playing in a bowl game that conflicts, I'm just liable to show up!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hey Husker

speaking of the Big Red, did they get the spring game played?  I know the weather was atrocious that weekend.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Hey shoeman, I know you are not talking about my Big Red, but mine did play an awesome spring game.  The Red beat the White 65-0.  Attendance set a record with over 45,000 in the stadium.  I think this bodes well for the season.

hey razorbackfan, I was in Chili's yesterday for mid afternoon lunch and they had your spring game on the tv set that I was able to see.  It was 28-0 at that time.  I love those games!  No better treat for fans to get us pumped for the season.  NU tickets for that game are only 10 bucks and it's always a sell out.

shoeman, it was awful weather.  No tornadoes in Lincoln, but rain and wind just made for unplayable conditions.  So 80,000+ loyal cornhuskers were left without a red and white spring game for the first in my memory, maybe ever.  But the up side is nobody, fan or player, was hurt.  Closest tornado was about 100 miles away in SW Iowa. 

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We were in NYC this past December during the week leading up to New Year's Eve.  The huge crowds were growing to the point that it was uncomfortable for me.  Like Pluto, I'm not a party girl, but I do try to watch the New Year come in somewhere on TV.  I loved watching all the celebrations all over the world in 2000.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...