2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2014 1:01 PM by dabbagmm RSS

The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore Not Yet Participating in Marriott Rewards

guchi1 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Fellow Platinum Members,

I recently book my stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore through Marriott.com. At check-in I was informed that this Ritz-Carlton location and one other Asian location does not participate in the Marriott Rewards program. This was disappointing to hear since, I go out of my way to stay at Marriott properties in order to maintain my elite status. If I were to have known that this location did not participate in the Marriott Rewards program a head of time, I would have not made my reservation at the Ritz-Carlton Singapore. Since I checked in around 11pm, it was too late to change to another location.

I e-mailed the Marriott Elite service center and their polite response to me was that I will not earn elite nights or points for my stay. I am a huge "advocate" of the Marriott Rewards program and brag about this program to colleagues, family, and friends. In this particular situation, I want to express my disappointment. When making the reservation online, it should have been more clearly indicated of which properties are participating. Having a list elsewhere on Marriott.com and the lack of labeling that this location did not participate yet in Marriott Rewards, makes it very difficult to discern where one can earn elite nights and points.

What are your thoughts on this situation?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Singapore, Singapore The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
Johor Bahru, Malaysia Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel
Singapore, Singapore Marriott Hotels & Resorts Singapore Marriott Hotel
Singapore, Singapore The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...