7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2012 1:50 PM by Kapalua-Dream RSS

LPGA playing at Ko Olina Golf Club on golf channel.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I posted this a couple of days ago as a status report, but not sure if that's the best way to get the word out.  But since there's so much interest on MI about the JW Marriott Ihilain at Ko Olina, some may be interested in watching the golf tournament which is being played there this weekend.  They've been showing some general interest shots of the hotel and lagoons, as well as the nearby marina.  Might give some who haven't been there an idea of what it's like.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Kapolei - Oahu, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: LPGA playing at Ko Olina Golf Club on golf channel.
    traveler2 Platinum

Great idea for those that enjoy golf and have never seen the area!! We have stayed there several times and love it.....golfing there is still on the list!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hey traveler2 -- Hopeyou get to play a round there soon.  It's a nice course and there's a special rate for guests at the JW.  tee times can be arranged by the concierge.  And I agree -- it's a great place to relax and have fun.

glaker Silver 2 Reviews

IMG_0562.JPGIMG_0547.JPG

Stayed at JW Marriott Ko'Olina in February  These were taken from our balcony. I counted 10 Stingrays swimming in that lagoon. It was so relaxing being on that side of the island.

Nice photos.  And I agree, it's very relaxing there. 

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Appreciate the pics.  Really beautiful.

glaker Silver 25 Reviews

Thanks....I am planning another trip for the end of the year. I have to go to Maui in November and have not been too fond of the Marriott properties on that island. I'm thinking of taking a couple of days pre-Maui for Ko'Olina. That's how much we enjoyed our stay at JW. Take care

IMG_0551.JPG

Pool side lunch upon arrival......

Kapalua-Dream Silver 25 Reviews

Aloha,

Kolina is one of the best resort properties.  The nice part is it is outside Honolulu, but close enough to enjoy some of the attractions.

Living on Maui for over 8 years I am really partial to the out islands.  Honolulu is good for a couple of nights and everyone should be sure to do Pearl Harbor, but to see the real Hawaii you need to spend time out on the other 5 islands (each is different).

By the way Kolina Golf has a special meaning for me.  Yes it is a wonderful golf spot and the Golf Channel did a great job for the tournament, but I actually caddied for one of the players for the qualifier on Monday.  What a treat to be able to be inside the robes and work with some of these wonderful ladies.

By the way if you have an interest in coming to the Islands and if you would like the opportunity to play with and LPGA Tour Player in a Pro/Am check out www.AlohaTeamClassic.org

Come visit the island.  You will never want to go home.  I didn't.

Stuart

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...