13 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2012 8:10 AM by anadyr RSS

Chris, I wish I knew what he forgot!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Wow,

This MI is addictive!

It's one thing to read about and share travel stories with other but it is another to meet people who you respect for there travel knowledge.  Today, I had such a pleasure, meeting Chris and his wife Ann

Marie.  This is what MI is really all about.  We set in the CL and then went to an upgraded suite and had more laughs and exchanges than should happen.

This guy is one "Modest traveler", he knows the "Ropes" from South Africa, America and more, what a source for MI.  This guy, like Nuhusker, SS, The Professor, Jasper, Arkwright. Pluto and the rest of you, what a wonderful blessing we have to share our experiences.

What a wonderful book he brought me, and how much he enjoys SS!

Here is a couple of photos, that I will always remember! Thanks Chris and Ann Marie!n

IMG_2238.JPG

Jerry and Chris, with Big Ben behind us from the Suite on the Thames.

IMG_2240.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: Chris, I wish I new what he forgot!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry, this is what community means!  You are our eyes and ears around the world--and a lucky man to boot.  If I had not spent my last time on the US 1792 Penny today at auction I would jet over there to meet you all.

We should start a Skype round table one of these days--if we can pay attention to the time differences that is

What a great post

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

SS,

It went for a Million in the auction!

We could have had a "Monterrey celebration for a lot of MI had you held on to your "Lucky Penny",

I heard that it would garner that price since apparently it is good to excellent shape and one of 12 known in the world.  Now if I can find my Silver Double Eagle in mint, I'll call

SS,

Good luck in finding that one.  By the way look for your 1913 V Nickel, only 5 known, worth $2 Million and up!  A friend of mine owned all five at one time, sold the last one he had in 1947 for a little over $2,000!  He just turned 100 and still has no regrets.  He still owns George Washington's personal gold coin, and a whole lot more.

• Re: Chris, I wish I knew what he forgot!
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Cool, Jerry.  That's terrific that you guys were able to meet up with chris and his wife.  Now if we can just get him to come to Burlington...

Please give him my regards.  I enjoyed a brief DM with him recently and he came across as a decent guy.

NU,

Chris has a city in America that he really likes, Des Moines, Ia!  This guy knows the US very well.  He is planning a wonderful trip from Seattle to Boston.  He plans to come to Des Moines during that trip.  When he gets close, let's meet him there and give him a warm welcome from MI!

We really enjoyed our visit in the CL and Suite with them.  It is so refreshing to add such "Local flavor" when you have someone who allows you to have such wonderful memories.  After we chatted, he was on his way to "Champagne Charley's", which sound like a wonderful place to relax, and the kind of place I would have never know about.  Can't wait to go there and see if they can join us!

This gentleman was an executive with a multi-national company and like Jasper, has worked the world. 

NU, I will have to show you the "Beer" book he brought me!  You and I will find it a lot of fun to review, as we have a couple ourselves!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Des Moines is a great midwestern city!  It's 2 hours from home and would really enjoy visiting with y'all there.   let me know!

Hey, Ol Chap! (I've been here too long)

We could all indulge in some real Iowa corn fed beef, with a little beer, and a lot of laughs!

Likewise, we could have the first MI "Open House" at the FF in West Des Moines!  BYOB to the Toga Party or Masquerade Ball?

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Yes, Jerry.  Like SS said, what a great post!  Chris has such nice things to say about you too!

How wonderful.  This is a big reason why we opt to travel - the friends we make - is it not?

We put up with a lot and make travel as comfortable as we can (really hard these days) but we recall with fondness the friends that we make.

SS,

So well put!

I am just concerned that travel will either be so difficult and expensive that I can't do it.  In the meantime, I am going to do all I can and hope I can contribute as much to MI as it has to me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...