14 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2012 8:09 AM by anadyr RSS

Arkwright, does it again!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just when you thing you know someone, when you meet them they impress you more!

This gentleman is only the second MR I have ever met,NUhusker was first, and what an educated, astute traveler this guy is.  A Cambridge graduate, who worked his way through school, (Don't tell him I shared this with you), we had a lovely time solving the worlds problems the past evening.  He a reason why I enjoy MI and the chance to share travel stories and recommendations.

This guy know what is going on.  He seemed to know more about me than I knew about myself.

I can only share with you the joy I had at spending time discussing America, G. B. and the world with this "Chap".

By the way, we came up with a plan for him to come to St. Louis and we go to St. Charles, Washington, Mo on to Hannibal, Mo and end up in Burlington, Ia.  We plan on having NUHusker buy the beer, and all of you are invited to Burlington for our "Beer fest"

You might enjoy a memorable picture, that we sure enjoyed.  Viva Marriott Insiders.

IMG_2206.JPG

Yes, we "Enjoyed the Marriott County Hall", note the background.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: Arkwright, does it again!
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry if they ever reinstate the Ambassador program I nominate you as a member for life!!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

SS, 

You "Humble me"!

As Karen Carpenter sang "We've only just begun"!

When you actually meet others who know travel, it is amazing to me what you learn.

There are many folks who never speak to strangers they meet in their travels and they are the worse for not engaging in chat, even small talk.  Like you I find that everyone I meet has had many experiences and life stories that are fascinating and worth listening to.  Thanks for making these posts so much fun to read and keep meeting other Insiders!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

That sounds like my dream trip.  And Arkwright was the first person to ever call me Chap.  I took it as the ultimate compliment.  Come on over Arkwright...the midwest is open for business.

NU,

This would be a wonderful experience for Arkwright to see "Middle America" and all its glory!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

You met two Insiders this trip?  Wowie.  Great going!

Jerry for Global Marriott Ambassador!!!!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

jerry:

You're living the good life. I nominate jerry to put together the MRI 'convention' so we can all get together!

Yes let's do it

No Way!

We need Jasper for this one!

I just enjoy the "Get togethers" and the laughs. Can't do organization activities.

Jasper is having his yard and driveway detailed, and I can appreciate that requires a lot of supervision while it goes on.  I had to watch those leather repair guys all the time lest they added Naugahyde to the edges--not possible in our gated community.  But I guess Jasper is mad and has taken his posts and left.  Might guarantee him in a place in the MRI Hall of Fame?  Sure hope he comes back.

SS,

Yes, I also hope Jasper comes back, he really has a way of keeping things going, and his report on "Down under", impressed us all.

Me too--he is fun to joust with and makes the place more well-rounded

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Dear Jerry,

Many thanks for setting up our meeting last week; it was a real pleasure! You are not only very enjoyable and informative company, but also an impressive "ambassador" for both MI and the US.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.. and all best wishes.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...