11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 3:08 PM by nuhusker RSS

How many air conditioning unit changes have you had?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here at the suburban Denver Courtyard I found out that I had yet another air conditioning unit delivered while I was out yesterday, along with a poorly spelled not about the delivery of the thing.  That makes three for the room--might be a record!  And this one is digital, the other two had analog dials.

I feel special!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Lone Tree, Colorado, USA
  • Re: How many air conditioning unit changes have you had?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

steppingstones, you are one cool dude!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

The A/C is broken at my house.  Again.  (A/C guy is here right now, in fact.)  This is the third A/C major repair we've had done since the house was built 12 years ago.  I guess they don't make things like they used to.

At least they're fixing the A/C in your room.  At the Rive Gauche during warm, humid weather, they couldn't (or wouldn't) even fix the broken A/C in my room, and the window wouldn't open to at least catch an evening breeze.  It was awful.  Well, you know it was awful if I'm still whining about it 5 years later.  Waah!

My new unit is the type that allows outside wind to howl around the edges--at this point ear plugs are better than calling for a fourth unit. I am here on points.

One more tale from the Denver CY.  Tuesday, the day after I checked in, waited behind a man who was.

Conversation as follows:

Man  checking in, is there an upgrade for me as a Gold member?"

Associate":  We have a King Suite, would you like that?"

Man:  "OK"

The day before I arrived on points and there we no upgrades--and so it goes,

Seems what you pay does change what you get.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I must have lived a "Charmed Life", I have never had these problems.

Getting back to an earlier post from SS, I have had the situation in the old days were I had the heat too high in the room and wake up like I was a maggot ready to hatch!

I do not like rooms that you do not have a thermostat.

Yes, being at the mercy of an unseen HVAC system is a bad thing!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Ohhh, okay, now I have to tell the pair of you two gents and anyone else who cares to read this, my 'other' travel related heater from you-know-where story.  In '05 my dearest madre and I booked an overnight train from Paris to Venice, all the while smugly thinking how smart we were to kill two birds with one stone (sleep and travel at the same time.)  We had no thermostat in our small berth, and were situated next door to the conductor (did he control the thermostat?  Je ne sais pas!).  In the middle of the night, I woke up in a puddle of sweat in our tiny room that was pitch black.  Talk about claustrophobic, which the heat just intensified!  I quietly called out to mom.  Yes, she was awake and was also "hot as a two-dollar pistol."  Sooo, after realizing that we had no control over any thermostat, we decided to open the window of our berth.  Instant relief.  Whew!  Or not... throughout the rest of the night, the train traveled through many a tunnel.  The whistling sound that the wind made through those numerous tunnels was deafening.  We arrived in Venice the next morning perfectly exhausted, with less than 2 days to see the city.  It was our first visit, no less.  Definitely no time for a nap!  Live and learn.    And laugh in hindsight!

SS, may I suggest ear plugs.  SS for your experience, I am .  Jerry as for you, kudos on your terrific luck .

Also SS, was it the same associate who checked you in?

Oh, finally I am pleased to report that my home A/C repair was under $200.  I was genuinely expecting over $1000.  Yay.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...