4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2008 9:52 PM by jessica RSS

Conference in New Orleans

azmarketer Silver
Currently Being Moderated

It seems many of us are enjoying New Orleans again even as the city faces re-development. When staying in the French Quarter for business enjoying the food is still my favorite after work activity. Try ACME Oyster House (casual), The Gumbo Shop (casual) and any of the Brennan's restaurants like Mr B's Bistro (finer dining) for dinner (besides the more obvious, well-regarded choices). Of course Cafe du Monde is not to be missed for the cafe au lait and bignets. Following dinner with a stroll might find you still strolling in time for the bignets if you happen to catch Mardi Gras and it parades as we did a few weeks ago for a travel marketing conference.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Conference in New Orleans
    onthegeaux Platinum

New Orleans is OPEN for business!  The Sugar Bowl, BCS Championship, Mardi Gras, and NBA All-Star game were all great this year.  We actually have more restaurants open now then we had before Hurricane Katrina.

The Jazz and Heritage Festival has an awesome lineup this year.  Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffett, Tim McGraw, Santana, Sheryl Crow, Al Green, Robert Plant, Dr. John, Irma Thomas, Elvis Costello, and the Neville Brothers.

The Marriott and JW are both on Canal Street so you're only minutes away from everything.  Come on down and see us!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

govt_traveler Platinum
    I agree with AZ.  Acme has THE best oysters, fresh or fried.  Mr. B's has the most wonderful BBQ shrimp.  Make sure you have lots of napkins and bread - the sauce is not your typical creamy sauce. You simply MUST soak it up in the bread and not waste a drop.  We went to Emeril's Delmonico on St. Charles for an elegant dinner a few years ago.  It was delicious, but I must admit we rushed through it because the parades were right out front and our kids wanted more stuff That's the best area for taking your kids to the parades - no flashers or drunks.  Very kid friendly and no barricades!

danielt1 Platinum
    beignets are delicious

jessica Platinum

New Orleans is one of my favorite cities.  It's so rich with culture, and there are relatively inexpensive Marriotts that make it ideal for young leisure travelers.  Cafe du Monde is a must...cheap and delicious, my two (and only, maybe) requirements.  My friends and I stop for cafe au lait and beignets about three times a day.  Perfect nighttime chat spot.

If you're jonesing for Mexican food (which we often do), I highly recommend Country Flame.  My friend and I were blindly roaming around for Mexican, and a Harrah's employee recommended this gem.  It honestly look really sketchy, but the food is out-of-this-world.  I was there in November and I still crave their food on a near-daily basis.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...