1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 4:25 PM by chrisf RSS

JW Marriott Mexico City - Gold status upgrade to concierge?

greenit Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Good Morning,

My Fiancee and I will be staying at the JW Marriott in Mexico City in late May.  As a Gold status member.  I am curious if I will experience the same upgrades I receive in the US.  Specifically upgrade to the concierge lounge and room upgrades?

also does anyone have any other tips on what to do ask for or do while at the hotel?

ierge

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Mexico City, Mexico
  • Re: JW Marriott Mexico City - Gold status upgrade to concierge?
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Hi greenit

There have been a number of discussions on this very subject.  In a nutshell, it very much depends upon the hotel.  In theory (according to the programme) you should be upgraded automatically if a room is available.  However, it does seem very patchy, even in the USA.  Be optimistic but, if you are not offered an upgrade automatically, a polite request for them to check if an upgrade is available can sometimes work.  Both Platinum and Gold members have experienced problems in getting upgrades ... but ... good luck, you may be the one.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...