40 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 12:20 PM by californian RSS

Hall of Fame Insiders

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

While many of us are more or less regular participants in MRI, I do think we've lost something in terms of overall content because some of the most spectacular MRI Insiders are no longer posting frequently.

So I would like to recognize my chosen few (and ask you all to identify more) and ask them maybe to get back in the game (even though I fully understand why they might not choose to).  What say you...

Arkwright?

NewHilton?

Theolejudge?

When I was looking for serious information on hotels and travel, the three of you posted the most important information (for me).  I know some of you have posted sometimes recently, but can we get you back?  I miss you all seriously.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hall of Fame Insiders
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I've heard from Arkwright and NewHilton recently, but very little.  Their travel contributions have been stellar.  Have missed Tryt and Jasper the last few days too.  Jasper went far above and beyond the call of duty with an amazing amount of posts from his recent trip down under, plus his ribbing of SS "cracks me up!"  Tryt is about as nice as they come.  I hope they're just busy.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Pingreeman is sorely missed for his analysis as well as his willingness to call a spade a spade.  All he ever wanted was this to be the best travel-related site it could be.

He is my added  choice. 

I agree!  Pingreeman offered really useful comments and great statistical analyses.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes, Pingreeman was a contributor, but you Professor and SS, have done wonders for this site.  Likewise, there are so many others that I enjoy, but I would never want to leave anyone out and this makes a post very difficult.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry you too deserve high marks for reminding of the wonderful places we can see close to home as well as far away.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree. Pingreeman was a class act. He sure helped us navigate this new version of MRInsiders!

Whatever happened to zukracer?

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Hey Tef, I'm still around just been swamped with work .... guess that's not the worst problem to have these days  

Hopefully I'll be posting more, I was just actually going to post one of the odder conversations I've had with the PP desk.  I said I needed a stay at the Marriott Marquis and she said, ok where is that? ... Seems perhaps the property doesn't have name brand recognition it once did or I got a newbie on the PP line

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Isn't there a Marriott Marquis in Atlanta?

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

looks like there is, cool   I actually said to her we were going to Broadway and wanted to stay at the Marriott Marquis (left that out of my other post in my haste to respond ), so I figured she woulda known but seems there's a Marquis in many cities.  Are there many other cities with Broadways?  Oh well, she was nice enough just didn't seem as informed as I would have expected.

Atlanta has a Broadway street.  get off the marta there and catch the city bus to the baseball stadium.  I reckon it just depends on where you're from as to which direction you're thinking.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thank you so much pluto77, for that sweet comment!  I haven't been on as much the last month, for a couple of reasons.  First, I have been finishing up my dahlia tuber sales, and getting my garden and new tubers ready to put in the ground.  That is just my evening and weekend hobby, but it consumes most of my extra time for a month or two in the spring.  The second reason, was that I was spending more time that usual on the site because of my being a steward.  This has been just giving me a little break from the amount of time, since our term got over.  I still try to hop on an read every couple of days, but not too much more than that.  I will get back into a little more, soon, and I'm not trying to be unfriendly, REALLY.  I did stop following all the people I was following, only because I couldn't resist following each email I got and wanting to follow the whole thread.  I will be back into this more again, and miss the slowdown in interactions that we all have, but just a matter of priorities for a little while.

I too miss Pingreeman and wish we had been able to convince him to stay, but he had to follow his heart down the path that we wanted to follow.  I can only wish his path has been as happy as hoped it would be.  We would always welcome him back!

Tryt,

Your garden sounds terrific.  Glad you mentioned it.  Maybe once it gets in full bloom you can post a pic for us!  I'm also glad you are giving yourself a well deserved break, and happy you're still here.

Hi Pluto,

Just wanted to follow through and show you just a few pictures of the dahlias in the garden you asked about.

SomeDahliasBehindHouse.JPG

This is a small part of the garden behind our patio.

DahliasInBox.JPG

This is one of the 2 raised garden beds.

SirAlfRamsey.JPG

This one is called Sir Alf Ramsey and measures 12" across.  It doesn't play nice in a bouquet with others because it is so big!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Tryt,  great pics of what must be a very fulfilling hobby. Congrats

Tryt,

Wow.  Smiling large here.  What a terrific thing to login to this morning.  Absolutely beautiful!!!  Do you enter your flowers in any contests?  They are all very, very pretty.  It's been a long while for me, but my Dahlias NEVER looked anything like this.  Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing these pics!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

What a nice yard.  The pics are enjoyable.

Pingreeman for his insightful analysis for sure. TJCNew York for his excellent work as one of the firstr Ambassadors, and NewHiltonmembr as well.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Keep all of these in mind as we'll have our inaugural Roady Awards at the end of the year! More information will be available in the coming months, but you'll be able to nominate your peers for categories like:

• Best Local Advice
    • Most Informative Property Review
    • Most Helpful Insider
    • Photo of the Year
    • Insider of the Year

Sneak peak at the inaugural Roadies Awards

Two people come to mind to me, TJC in NYC, he was an early major contributor who had many great things to contribute.  The second person still does a nice post, but that is too seldom, because he has a lot to contribute and that is Mikeing, in South Florida.  Both of these guys have done a lot for MI.  There are many more, but we just don't hear enough or anything from these experienced travelers.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

I have been a member of this site for approximately 18 months and have gained much valuable information and insight into world travel.  As a novice to overseas travel, this site has been a great resource.  I agree with all of the names mentioned for consideration as members of a Hall of Fame and have learned from their posts.  Though I am a relative newcomer, I would like to suggest a few more possibilities: profchiara, jerrycoin and pluto77.

gm1,

Thanks for mentioning all of us!  Really everyone has their ability to contribute to others.  Like "Dirty Harry" said, " A man has to know his limitations", and most of us know about certain things, but not everything nor place. Most of us learn something from others every day.

We will be pleased to help you with any questions that can be answered to make you travel more enjoyable.

While y'all are holding hands around the campfire singing michael row the boat ashore, I'll be off to the side drinking all the beer.

Kumbaya is our tune, or this land is your land, depending on timing and stuff

Kumbaya

That's what I was thinking of but didn't know how to spell it.

Me neither and I did not look it up--so we might both be wrong.

I believe the Prof was looking for old friends to be considered for this award, not present posters.  just like in sports where you need to be retired for a certain amount of time before you can be inducted into the Hall of Fame.....  Any other PAST posters???

Maybe I will quit tomorrow and then be considered?  Or change my name?  Or both?

Thanks for the clarification, though.

you're welcome!  I'm not sure about quitting, I think you may just need to fade away..........  either way, for this exercise we should maybe just focus on those that came before us...

Fade away--can do.

Thanks for the kind comments, though I certainly second the names brought forward among very active members. Shoeman got it right that I was mainly referring to the people who never or rarely post anymore.

The forgotten shall be remembered

I vote for This land is your Land since we're a traveling bunch.  (And sung by Peter, Paul and Mary, of course).

Seconded

I think Peter and Paul might still be posting, but unfortunately Mary has faded away

gone but not forgotten

so true.

Saw them in 1968 at the Carter Baron amphitheater in DC--outdoor venue in the heat of summer but no one seemed to mind!

But her (and their) music lives on.  Plus their great performances can be seen on video (or PBS occasionally).

forever!  Same with the KIngston Trio, the Highwaymen, and others

We miss you Stepping Stones!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...