2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 6:03 PM by jerrycoin RSS

London Welcomes the World in 100 Days

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

It's hard to believe but there's only 100 days left until the London Summer Olympics!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: London Welcomes the World in 100 Days
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Mmmmm ... on my recent trips to London there still seems to be a huge number of building projects still in progress.  Leicester Square is still a mess and many of the roads around Soho and Covent Garden seem to be undergoing a lot of work. Still, on the positive side, the Olympic stadia and athletes village are virtually complete ... but how did Holiday Inn get the contract to manage the Olympic Village?  In my book, they are one of the worst hotel chains that I have used.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: London Welcomes the World in 100 Days
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Being in London at the moment, the word is "Be Prepared"!  This is the famous advice by Sir B. Powell, The Founder of The Boy Scouts, from here, who I greatly admire, here's what some are saying.  Some theatres are not going to be open during the events, figuring their markets will be impacted in a bad way by people who will not want to come to London during this period.  Many streets will be closed and diversions could be widespread.  Give yourself a lot of extra time and MONEY, to enjoy this great event.

Hopefully it will be a huge success, but for one, I will follow it on TV, and come back this Fall.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...