21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2012 4:54 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Upcoming Reservations??

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was just reviewing three upcoming reservations on Marriott.com.  The following statement is now at the bottom of each of these reservations:

Stays booked under special rates are not eligible
to earn Marriott Rewards® points. However, all other eligible charges from this
stay will be credited to your Marriott Rewards account.

I have never noticed this before. One reservation is AAA rate. Unless something has changed, AAA always has resulted in points, like normal. One reservation is a rate,(not great) that my client has set up with a local CY. The other is a regular rate reservation. I'm wondering if this has been added to all reservations out there. The use of the words "this stay" is troubling. Can someone please check their next "Upcoming Reservation" details and see if that statement is present?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Upcoming Reservations??
    PSU Fan Platinum 2 Reviews

I just checked the 8 reservations I have made for the summer and all have this message printed at the bottom. Several are AAA rates, but not all. To be honest, I had never noticed this before you made reference to it. It may be there simply to cover reservations involving free nights and/or nights booked with points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

PSU,

I'm thinking the same thing. I was just curious...if it's there for certain types of "special rates" then Marriott should not use the words "this stay" if it doesn't apply.. Does that make sense?

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Don't see that statement on any of my upcoming reservations...using AAA, gov't, and points.  I hope you find out what the problem is and let us know.  That's a huge step backwards.

So Husker... when you click on the details of your upcoming reservation, you don't see that statement on the very bottom?  Interesting..

Yes, I'm sorry, that statement is there.  I did not scroll the page far enough to see it.  But it's only on reservations I am paying for, AAA, gov't, leisure rate.  Stays on points do not have this statement (Idon't think).  Maybe it's referring to reservations made thru sites like priceline????

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

All of my upcoming reservations have this statement including the ones that are not AAA.  I have not noticed the statement until this discussion began.  I hope we get a clarification.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

The bottom of all my reservations say:

Eligible charges from this stay will be credited to your Marriott Rewards account.     

My reservations are either the regular rate, advance purchase rate, or 40% off elite offer rate.

This is quite odd.  Let's see what the CM says.

brocklanders Platinum 25 Reviews

I just noticed this as well.  I called the MR main line; the individual there provided no clarification.  I can't imagine that they would do this, although I could be wrong....

I just sent a direct message to the community manager to see if he could get us some clarification on this.

message received by CM and he will be looking into the issue.

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Well, if this was something relatively new designed to only grant points on rack rates, then I suppose I'd have to finally say goodbye to Marriott and just go Hilton or SPG for the next 1,500 room nights or so before I pack it in. There's a line in the sand of scaling back benefits that this would surely cross.

I'm hoping the Community Manager(s) pipe in and reassure us that this is nothing to be alarmed about.

cheerndans Platinum 2 Reviews

OH NO!!! I just went back and check my upcoming reservation, and that statement was listed at the bottom.  Why would I want to stay at a Marriott property if I can find a cheaper property and not earn Rewards points either place? I'd opt for the cheaper route. Is this something new? What are the specifics?? Hopefully, we are missing something.

tuono07 Platinum

I'm not sure what rates DONT qualify but if you look at your points postings, all my reservations have earned points, AAA, Corp rates, etc!

designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews

Just went back and checked the email confirmations I have received for a number of upcoming stays and none of those emails have the statement but all of the those reservations do have the statement when I view the reservation on website.  Who doesn’t use special rates if they qualify for them?  If this is an accurate statement for this point on it makes this program worthless to most people.  I wish I could change the terms of the contracts I have with my clients in the middle of the term of contract.  Seems Marriott has managed to find a way to do this.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

As you've noted, that standard messaging did change back on 4/4 but eligible rates will still be credited to your Marriott Rewards account as normal. We'll get that messaging updated to avoid further confusion. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I'm here to serve...now how about those BOGO's?  Just kidding.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Andy/Michele

the question I still have is :  has there been a change in what is considered an eligible rate, or is it the same as before?????

thanks

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

There has been no change in what is considered an eligible rate.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

good.  so this scare was just a misunderstanding.  c'mon out, the air is clear.....

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Whew.  Dodged that bullet, didn't we!

Thanks for all the replies. I was somewhat worried.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...