0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 10:53 AM by painedplatinum RSS

Boston Marathon

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm up in Boston again this week. I was here three weeks ago at the South Boston CY. Quirky but nice hotel.  When I attempted to book the same hotel for this week, the eye popping rates had me scratching my head. I didn't realize that the Marathon was being contested during my potential stay. I checked every Marriott property within reasonable distance. YIKES!! $270 was the GOOD rate. Checked the Hilton family... just as bad. Holiday Inn, bad but I did score a Candlewood Suites for under $150.  So here I lay my head.  I'm not quite sure I care for the towel rule at Candlewood. If you want fresh towels during the stay, you carry your old towels to the front desk and swap for new ones.  The Braintree Marriott is within a few minutes, too bad, I would have rather stayed there. I've heard they did some major upgrades since the last time I was a guest.

My hotel hosted quite a few of the competitors for the big run. Three hobbled in with what for sure was a major blistering of their feet. A young Spanish lady shared that she had her personal best time today. The heat was an issue, but not for her.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Braintree, Massachusetts, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...