4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 10:26 AM by fhllast4ever RSS

Marriott Points against Air ticket purchase??

mk Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I came from Mexico to Ontario,Canada and had two months(18 Feb,'12 to 18 April)  stay in Marriott Residence Inn. I want to know is there a way, I get points on tickets purchased by Air CANADA added to my Marriott reward points.

Regards,

MK

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Ontario, Canada
  • Re: Marriott Points against Air ticket purchase??
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Mk,

I'm not familiar with Air Blue. I Googled it and found an airline out of Pakistan with this name. Is the the same airline from your inquiry?  If so, it doesn't look they have a partnership with Marriott.  There are a list of airlines that do have partnerships. They're listed on the Marriott Rewards page at Marriott.com. You'll find an "Airlines" link under "How You Earn" at the bottom of that page.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mk Gold 2 Reviews

THANKS Sir for your reply, I am sorry I made a typing mistake with airline name.

I got the name in Airlines" link under "How You Earn" in Marriott site, but when I ask Air Canada staff to add purchase to my points they say they only don't have Marriott in their list.

Please suggest.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Hi mk

I am not sure that I am understanding your question properly.  Do you want to know if you can get MR points credited for the flight value through Air Canada?

All the airline loyalty programmes that I use only allow me to collect 'flight miles' for the value of my ticket.  In some situations, I can convert these into hotel points but that is dependent upon the airline programmes rules.  I don't know if Air Canada have an agreement where they will convert the ticket value or airline loyalty points into MR points.  I know that you can do the reverse, i.e. convert MR points into flight miles with Air Canada. I can only suggest that you review the terms of the airline loyalty programme.

i hope that this helps.

fhllast4ever Platinum

I believe your stay at Residence Inn should have given you 1 mile per dollar spent at this hotel (that is, if you elected air miles

as opposed to hotel points - - you must also be a member of Air Canada Aeroplan).

I don't think you can earn Marriott points for this particular flight.  Occasionally however airlines conduct promotions where

flights can earn Marriott points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...