2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2012 7:55 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Marriott Brussels

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just back tonight from a 1 night stay at the newly renovated Marriott Brussels. I was more than impressed. The new exec lounge is great, located on the ground floor just next to the main entrance and overlooks the main street and it is open ALL WEEKEND!

I stayed at the Marriott before the refurb and it was ok, just ok, but now its lovely. I got a really nice Junior suite and the colour scheme was tasteful and the room very comfortable. I have stayed many times at the Renaissance Brussels which is cheaper but it is not in the centre as its in the EU district. Having said that, I have always been able to walk into the centre of town in about 20 minutes but  it can be an uphill struggle at times. However, due to an arthritic problem I decided this time that the Marriott would suit me better and I am very glad I did. The Renaissance is no longer as appealing as it used to be as they have decided in their wisdom to close their exec lounge at weekends. You do get a breakfast voucher and a drink and 1 small canape in the bar but its not as enjoyable as going to the lounge when you want to and sit and have a drink at your leisure. So they've lost me as a customer (but then its the Marriotts gain, even though its more expensive, and can sometimes be quite a bit more than the Renaissance).

The staff at the Marriott Brussels were so friendly. So much so that I have booked to go back again on the 12th May.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Brussels, Belgium
  • Re: Marriott Brussels
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

platiumstar,

Thanks for this information!  Never been to that hotel, but it sounds very inviting. Having similar great experience in London.

Thanks for the post, hope you have a wonderful trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Brussels
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

PStar,

Great info. Thanks for sharing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...