14 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2012 7:26 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Park and Fly at Newark Airport

johntye Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm planning a 7 day vacation out of Newak Airport and looking for parking recommendations in the area.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Park and Fly at Newark Airport
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

john,

You might want to consider calling the Newark Airport Marriott, explain your situation and see if you could leave your car there for a fee.  Be careful about some lots as you can sustain a lot of vandalism or loss of your vehicle at the wrong place. 

Good luck!  Have a safe trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Newark Marriott Hotel has a park & fly rate.  You stay 1 night at the higher rate, and you can leave your car for the week.

Coutryard has a lower nightly rate.

I tend to like the Neward Marriott Hotel, as they are the only hotel that is allowed to take their shuttle bus directly to the termina.  The rest of them go to P4 and you take the airlink to the terminal.

In the morning with an early flite, it saves alot of time.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I can understand that, especially when you're in a rush!

and I'd rather have the extra hour of sleep.

Key point there!

The other thing I like is that I can see the airport terminals from the front door.  If there are any problems its a quick cab ride over, or I could walk itin a pinch.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

There are three properties across from the airport. A Courtyard, Springhill Suites and a Fairfield Inn. They all share the same large property. None of these are hotels you'd want to stay at for any other reason than flying in or out of EWR. I believe they all have a park and fly rate. The parking lots are all secured (as secured can be). You can park there and take the hotel shuttle to the airport. Driving around that airport is the most frustrating experience an out-of-towner can have.... it's one of those " I can see it, but can't get there from here" types. 

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

PP,

Great advice!

What you describe as "I can see it, but can't get there from here" is laughable until it happens to you and you are helpless.  I shared with Pluto, that happened to TWICE at La Defense Renaissance in Paris.  I actually wound up in a Toy's R' us parking garage buy mistake and had to PAY to get back out!

Newark is not a place to get too lost or have to worry about your car.

Thanks from all of us for this sound advice.  I do not know where John is coming from, but I would even consider commuting to EWR from anyplace else.

franke Gold 4 Reviews

the courtyard has a deal for parking right now. try going there in day time. at night is a nightmare.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

When you search your dates use the PKF code in the "Corporate/promotional code" box. Any offers will light up. I checked the Residence Inn Newark/Elizabeth Airport  for this weekend. Rate of $139 for a night. They're offering 8 days of parking for no additonal charge. Over 8 days is $10 each.

That's a great deal!

and they are also the closest property to the Cape Liberty Cruiseport!

i use VISTA.  It's a secured lot (fenced in with barbed wire).  It costs $9.99 a day.  In the winter when it snows they clear off your car of all snow, and have it all warmed up for you when their shuttle (free) picks you up and birngs you back to the lot.  They have a ton of parking spots, so no need to reserve a spot.

Both the Full Service Marriott and the Courtyard have rates that allow you to leave a car for a week.

yes I did this once as well, I remember the manager swiiping my card, and when I picked the car up, he gave it to me for half the price!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...