9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2012 8:13 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Frankfurt Airport Day Pass for Lounge?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'll be flying from Philadelphia to Namibia (via Frankfurt) in May. Normally, for overseas trips,the client okays a Business/First Class seat. Late notice... this seat has been squashed this trip.

I didn't fly much last year and lost my silver status with USAir.  Here's the question. The layover in Frankfurt is 8 hours (YUK with a capital Y). I've looked over the FRA airport website and can't find a lounge access for a one day pass. I'm sure it's possible, but would like some advice. Your thoughts and recommendations , please.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Frankfurt, Germany
  • Re: Frankfurt Airport Day Pass for Lounge?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

PP,

Do you have a "Priority Pass", black card?

That get's you into most airport VIP lounges.  It is comped with a AMEX Centurion card, but you can buy memberships.  It is a "Breath of fresh air", when having to deal with layovers. 

If that does not work, try taking the tram to town for an hour our two.  Just give yourself enough time to get back thru security.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

No Priority Pass, Jerry. Thanks for the info, though.

I looked over the website for the Priority Pass.  It seems fairly straight forward. Three levels of membership. The $99 annual with a $27 per visit looks like it may be for me.

Any cautions I should know about?  Restrictions, etc.?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

PP,

I have never had a problem with Priority Pass.  They will charge you extra for a guest if you have one with you.  I find it is most relaxing to have a lounge to "Get away" from the normal airport stress. 

Wish I could help you more on the FRA situation.  I have only flew in/out a couple of times.  Would imagine, you could do a lot of shopping with no problem throughout the airport.  But once you leave your gate area you will probably have to go back thru customs.  You will probably have to leave your gate area to make the connection.  Make sure you give yourself plenty of time.

Good luck!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Depending on the airline there is always the potential to pay for a day at a lounge in Frankfurt.  Suggest you call your airline (it is Lufthansa) and ask.

SS...it's USAIR with the connecting airline being Air Namibia.  USAir is part of the Star Alliance. Domestically, I can get into lounges with a daily fee ($50?). Lufthansa is also a member of the Star Alliance. Checking the Luf. website only left me confused as to access.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Can you call Lufhansa as well and inquire. At the moment there's no charge for asking Club questions.  Did you use this link at Lufthansa for information?  It is a very complicated thing and might boil down to asking the attendant about a pass regardless of the rules

Stoney,

That was the first page I checked out...not clear enough for my foggy brain. I'll give them a call.

The same flight number of the flight I'll be taking next month just landed in Frankfurt at Terminal 1C.  Is it a safe bet to assume that USAir flights from PHL will all land at terminal 1C?  The question goes toward the freedom to move around the FRA airport. If you arrive there and have a layover of the 8 hour variety, can you walk to all parts of the airport without security/customs ins and outs?

Still looking for any experienced feedback..thanks. (JC and SS have helped a great deal)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...