10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2009 2:38 PM by lccprez RSS

Breathtaking View

72andovercast Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Get to the top of the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter to see the most fatastic view of the bay and, if your timing's right, a spectacular sunset.  The rooftop bar, with great lighting, a warming firepit and cascading waterwall, is totally unexpected.

• You can also watch the Padres play
    nchoosier Platinum
    if there is a game going on while you're on the roof too.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Breathtaking View
    amgfan Silver
    Have to agree. I live in SD and we have stayed at the hotel  because roof top bar and atmospher. Also you can catch the fireworks during the summer as well and two of the rooms have views to the baseball stadium

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rlindc Platinum

The Gaslamp Marriott is one of my favorites also.  What you have talked about is awesome, but the best part is that during baseball season from that wonderful roof top bar you can see right into PETCO Park and see the Padres play.

madrush Gold
    I've been interested in heading out there.  I've been to SF but not to SD.  Sounds like a good spot to be.  And I love baseball so that's a double win.

kevininga Silver

Good tips. Thanks.

scudderatc Silver
    Good Tips!  I'm staying there in a couple of weeks for a business trip.  Any other thoughts on things to see or do while there?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

This place is really great!

Likewise, the Marriott Marina is spectacular as well.  The view of the Pacific and the marina is just awesome. 

armydave Platinum
    I have stayed in San Diego a few times in the last couple of years.  The gaslamp district is great.  Sat on the roof of the Marriott last year after a long day of St. Patty's Day celebration!  Can't wait to get back!

kahunapremier Platinum
    Will be staying at San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter starting 2Aug for 12 nights, can't wait! First time at that hotel and looking forward to the sunsets-thanks for the great tip!

lccprez Platinum

I also stayed at that hotel in early May and found the view of the ballpark to be very unusual. Being in the heart of the Gaslamp District is also a big plus as there are so many great places to eat such as the Royal Thai on 5th - only a few short blocks away. I have eaten there many times and also find the food to be exceptional. I have also stayed at the Marina Towers many times and love that hotel - but it is much bigger and caters more to crowds from the convention center. They do have an amazing pool, however. The only shortcoming of the Marriott Gaslamp, I think, is that the executive Lounge is very small and not relaxing - plus you have to pay for your drinks.

Enjoy - a good hotel with a great location - at the right price.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...