4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2012 8:36 AM by jerrycoin RSS

MR Points for Ritz-Carlton?

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Are points given for stays at a Ritz-Carlton the same as at other Marriott Hotels?   And do these count towards bonus free night certificates?   Can't seem to find the answer on their website.     Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MR Points for Ritz-Carlton?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I think this is worth a phone call. Now that the Ritz crowd has come out from behind the curtain, I'm betting that points can be earned. Just a guess. There are a few old threads from 2009 and 2010 on this topic. I think we need an update.Give'em a call Kroy, and let us know, please.

PS..I seem to recall the man of 1000 Shoes being in tight with the Ritz...he may know the answer.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I found this on the Ritz rewards page..part of the FAQs. The last item seems to answer your question in the affirmative...

Introducing The Ritz-Carlton Rewards

Show All    Hide AllWhat is The Ritz-Carlton Rewards?

The Ritz-Carlton is consistently recognized as providing the finest personalized service. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards has been created to further the guest experience and is a truly distinctive luxury guest loyalty program that gives guests access to the extraordinary. With The Ritz-Carlton Rewards program, you have the opportunity to enjoy the very best of everything we have to offer as you accrue points or airlines miles with each stay at participating Ritz-Carlton properties. You can earn 10 pts or two airline miles for every U.S. dollar spent on your room rate. Points can be redeemed for complimentary hotel stays, exclusive partnership benefits or for travel with more than 20 airline programs around the world.

What is the advantage of joining?

As a member of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, you will have access to truly unique, memorable, and personal experiences that have been carefully designed to bring together some of the most exclusive names in luxury travel and retail. By joining, you will enjoy a variety of exclusive member benefits and access to special events. Members will be issued membership cards, receive member communications exclusively from The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and receive personalized recognition during your stays at The Ritz-Carlton hotels.

How do I enroll?

There are four ways guests can join the program:
      • Online at ritzcarltonrewards.com
      • At the Front Desk of The Ritz-Carlton hotels
      • When calling Reservations
      • Contacting The Ritz-Carlton Guest Services
      Enrollment in the program is complimentary.
      Who are the participating partners?
      The Ritz-Carlton Rewards will have luxury brand partnerships to be announced. In addition, through the partnership with Marriott Rewards, members of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards may earn airline miles on more than 20 airlines that participate in the Marriott Rewards program as well as the Marriott family of participating hotels worldwide.
      What is the relationship with Marriott Rewards?
      The Ritz-Carlton Rewards partners with Marriott Rewards – the world’s leading hotel loyalty program – to offer Elite benefits, earning opportunities and redemption options at more than 3,300 participating Marriott hotels worldwide. The Ritz-Carlton Rewards members do not need to join Marriott Rewards to earn points with Marriott hotels – simply provide your Ritz-Carlton Rewards membership number at time of reservation.
      Can guests belong to both The Ritz-Carlton Rewards and Marriott Rewards?
      No, guests cannot be members of both programs at the same time. However, guests can change membership from one program to the other by contacting Guest Services. Please note that members of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards do not need to join Marriott Rewards to earn points/miles and receive Elite benefits during their stays at the Marriott family of brands. Similarly, Marriott Rewards members will earn points/miles and receive Elite benefits during their stays at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Thanks for all the info & help.    I finally did find that reward points & stays will be given same as Marriott -- but not MR perks.      But that is OK as my husband booked the RC in NYC downtown as a "surprise" 3-night stay for my birthday via American Express Platinum which gives its own upgrades, breakfasts and $$ credit.    btw -- it was less expensive to book through them than to book directly via Marriott w/o the benefits.     I'll let you know how the stay was (in July).     Now I have to forget about it as it is a surprise!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

kroywen,

Congratulations on your "Happy Birthday Surprise", that sounds like a wonderful time.  Likewise, that was a really smart move using the AMEX to get the upgrade and deal.  I am learning more each day!  Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...