10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2015 12:40 PM by bigred RSS

Platinum Premiere for Life

ronfortson Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been a member of Marriott Rewards for about 20 years now.  For the last 8 I have achieved Platinum Premiere status, having earned about 4,000,000 points and over 1,000 qualifying nights.  In fact, after 2011 I had achieved all of the requirements to be Platinum Premiere for life.  That leads me to my question.  Each year I have gotten to Platinum Premier I have received a little packet from Marriott thanking me for my loyalty to the program.  It always had a little gift included, such as a thumb drive, leather bag tag, or some other thank you item. Nothing expensive but much appreciated.  This year after achieving the 1,000 nights and all of the accumulated points I received NOTHING, not even a thank you. And that was after spending almost six months in Marriott hotels during 2011. Just curious as to why the company is no longer recognizing those of us who achieve this type of milestone and what the rationale is?  ALL of my travel, business or pleasure, is with Marriott and it will continue to be so.  But, I was disappointed that there was no recognition of the achievement that I was very excited about.  Thank you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premiere for Life
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I don't think there is a Platinum Premier for Life...The highest is Platinum for Life...However, I am suprised that you have not recieved the Platinum Premiere gift this year..Strange!!!

I assume you are Platinum for Life, however, as I understand it, they award this once you no longer achieve Platinum status, although I understand that by calling the Platinum line, they may go ahead and award this elite status to you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

I agree with Jasper, why don't you call the hotline and get some answers to this question.

You are a very valuable customer to Marriott.  Good luck!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Ronfort,

Were you expecting something specifically for going over the 1000 night barrier? I don't think anyone gets something for that. The Lifetime recognition will kick in after you slow down and fail to reach Platinum in a particular year....or so I'm told.

This years Platinum Premier package included a WSJ subscription. Did you receive ?

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

That is exactly how it worked for me PP. I went over to Hilton one year like a decade or so ago, and within the next year I got the "welcome to lifetime Platinum" packet. I think I only had 2 or 3 Marriott stays for the entire year at that point, like 8 months, so I believe your assessment to be correct.

ronfortson Platinum

Thanks for the comments and input.  It's really no big deal at this point because I will continue to achieve Platinum status for the foreseeable future.  But, I have two friends who had told me they received a congratulatory note from Marriott when they reached the "Life" status and they are still actively attaining Platinum status on current year criteria.  I just thought there would be something coming and there wasn't.  No, I did not receive a WSJ subscription.  So, being naive, I just thought there would be some sort of recognition of the achievement.  As those of you who have met the criteria know, it's not that easy.

Ron

vbandsf Platinum 2 Reviews

Okay, my question:  I've been a Plat for a few years now and have 603 lifetime nights - what's a Platinum Premier?  They wouldn't tell me at the last Marriott I stayed at (although one person said it's by invitation only and the other clerk glared at her), and I got a letter this year saying "even though you didn't make Platinum Premier, you are Platinum..." or something similar.  What the heck?

Hi.

Platinum Premier is the top 10% (correct me if I am wrong somebody, is it 5%?) of people that year who are Platinum, but had the most paid nights in the previous year. I do not think there are any additional benefits beyond regular Platinum, except your title on the card itself. It is more for recognition purposes then getting any extra "benefits" out of it. Still, it is cool to have if you are recognized as such.

Hope this was helpful - Al.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

There are a couple of threads on here concerning the Plat Premier grouping.  It's not a hard line that's drawn. A few things have been surmised by posters.  1) Top 3%...Dollars spent? Nights?  not sure. 2) Platinum 3 years in a row.  3) 125 nights... this is not written in stone. OR written anywhere for that matter.    Only added benefits may be higher on the pecking order for upgrades and an annual welcome package including a nice gift.

Search "Platinum Premier" and you'll find much better info.  

Thanks PP. I thought I was on the right track, but never realized it was another "mysterious" type of thing. See, I learn something new on this forum everyday! thanks!

bigred Platinum

Share your concerns, as having just achieved lifetime platinum- besides not having to chase 75 nights what else do I get? Do you know of any other benefits? Do you think it would be a problem for "Arne" or is that Arnold to give me another free night certificate or how about a lifetime of another free night certificate-wow! two per year! B Ellenson

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...