7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2012 9:18 PM by alrenaissance RSS

drinks in the concierge lounge

gailsissenwein Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was told by a co worker that if you are platinum that drinks in the concierge lounge are free.  Is that correct?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: drinks in the concierge lounge
    alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I have been offered the "honor bar" system many times, wherebye you based on honor indicate what you have drank and indicate your room number. Have never received free, unless the front desk issues a certifciate based on someone in your group having a birthday or the like (you need to mention this). Usually they will issue a drink certificate for a connecting lounge to everybody in your party, not just the birthday person. This policy varies wlidly from property to property however. The honor bar is fairly common however, and it resides in the concierge level lounge. Often they have some pretty decent free appetizers and desserts, and sometimes an attendant to assist you with things. Usually a nice time, and I have conversed with some interesting people.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

In the US, alcoholic beverages in the concierge lounge are NOT free, but in the UK concierge lounges the wine and beer are complimentary (at least in my experience).

gailsissenwein Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks!  That is what I thought!

psukeith5053 Platinum

At the Renaissance in Dallas, I received a hefty discount while I was at the bar waiting for my girlfriend to land.  I drank 2 imports and it was around $7.  I was in a hurry and did not get a chance to see what percentage they took off though.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I'd like to add that it is often quite a bit cheaper to buy one's alcohol in the bar area during 'happy hour' than to pay the higher price in the concierge lounge. The same glass of wine during happy hour at a full service Marriott in California cost me less than $5 and in the CL was $8. Hmmm.....

psukeith5053 Platinum

It was a Saturday, but it would have been around that happy hour 5-7ish time, so that is a possibility of where the discount came from.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...