2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 6:27 PM by traveler2 RSS

JW Marriott Desert Ridge

ontherun Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just got back from a 6 day 5 night stay at the Desert Ridge on Marriott Reward points.  I was a little concerned after reading some of the earlier discussions about the hotel.  I have stayed their in the past, 4 times but had not been back in two years and was concerned about the comments I read. In General the overall impression I  left with was that these people must have just run into a blip in the hotel's normal operations.  I was given an upgrade on the second night as none was available at check-in and I was willing to change.  Working with the staff and not against them certainly made it much easier to get the upgrade and this was during spring break week.  The staff was very good and the bell staff and valet staff are very quick and helpful.  The front desk was good as well, except for one comment by one member but everything can not be perfect.  Yes they were checking bags as you went into the pool but were more concerned with glass bottles and alcohol then Frito's and cookies which is a good thing.  Nobody wants a glass around a pool area. All the pools were clean and used them all including the lazy river which at times is pretty hectic with all the kids, but if you want a quiet vacation you do not go during Spring Break. Played golf at the course (Wildfire) many times during my stay and the staff goes out of their way there as well.  However if you are going to be their 5 days or more be sure to look for specials or call the pro shop and ask.  The Par n Pamper special is still available if you like a combination of golf and spa treatments.  Rounds are the same price as discount sites but you can book in advance. Would I go back - YES.  Is the Hotel perfect - maybe not but my stay was and would recommend it, and if you have a problem just talk to someone and it will get resolved.  Hope this helps answer questions seen in other discussions about the JW Marriott Desert Ridge

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phoenix, Arizona, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa
  • Re: JW Marriott Desert Ridge
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Nice write up. Good job, OTR.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: JW Marriott Desert Ridge
    traveler2 Platinum

Thanks for the review on this property. It sounds like one we might like to try!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...