4 Replies Latest reply: May 2, 2012 5:24 PM by NathalieF RSS

Sprucing up Marriott Brand Hotels

pickelball68 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

when does Marriott decide one of their brand hotels need updating?  we have stayed at the Residence Inn at UCF, orlando, FL for at least 8 years.  It really needs to be refurbished - especially in the bathrooms. tile needs replacing and you can see the floor moldings need sprucing up.  who determines what and when things are done?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Sprucing up Marriott Brand Hotels
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Pickels,

I believe most, if not all, Residence Inns are franchised operations. They most likely have a Franchise Agreement with Marriott that spells out the requirements for hotel condition.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

From what I have been hearing, there are a lot of properties in Florida in general that could use some updating. In exactly 2 weeks from today, I hit Sanibel Island Marriott Resort, so I will be able to give you some details on that. The more I look at the picture tour, the more I think this may be another property on the needs some TLC list. I will report back.

Other then Florida general, I know that in my Hometown Pittsburgh, they just completed a renovation of the Marriott Pittsburgh Metro Center, which I heard cost a pretty penny. They had the place so torn up that they actually reduced the star rating on it, albeit temporararily. So some things are being done. Where the authorization comes from, do not know.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for the feedback pickelball68 - I don't have any news on that specific property but Residence Inn is actively updating hotels through our renovation cycle. The renovated suites will include upgraded work space, and to your question, an upgraded bathroom experience with more storage space, better lighting and overall higher finishes. Here are some photos, http://www.marriott.com/residence-inn/travel.mi#/tours/photos

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...