Ask an Elite member their secrets for racking up the points, and chances are one of their strategies is the Marriott Rewards Premier credit card. And happily, it’s the easiest of all. So for our first topic of 2017, we’re highlighting benefits that travel with you all year long.
Getting guaranteed Elite status is a popular perk, and earning points everywhere makes traveling, dining out and even shopping a path to whatever you’re dreaming of doing.
What You Get:
The Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card offers cardmembers*:
- 80,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in your first three months from account opening
- Get Silver Elite Status and 15 Elite Night Credits every year when you become a cardmember- Silver Elite status benefits include a 20% bonus on Rewards base points, priority late checkout and more
- You get an Elite points bonus on every Marriott stay – 20% for Silver, 25% for Gold and 50% for Platinum Elite
- 5 points for every $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards® and SPG® hotels
- 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, at car rental agencies and restaurants
- 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases anywhere else
- 1 free night stay at a category 1 – 5 hotel every year after account anniversary
* This bonus offer is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months.
How You Get It:
Interested? You can apply online for the card. Full details are listed here.
If you have a small business, you can check out the Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card.
“If you're looking for a card that will deliver hotel type bonuses, this is a great card.” – painedplatinum Platinum Elite member
“My wife and I put everything (normal spending) on the card and pay it off at the end of each month. Our points stash has grown considerably, and we take great vacations too. Additionally, the card/points accelerated our achieving lifetime platinum status.” – nationwide Platinum Elite member
“Many credit cards charge a foreign exchange fee every time you use them overseas. My Marriott Rewards ... does NOT!” – tanker363 Silver Elite member
Two chances to win
Here’s what our latest winner, mayankvc had to say about the topic “Ways to Get the Most from Your Linked Account”:
“Marriott has helped me over last 2 - 3 years to have family vacations (even with my grandparents) at places which I never heard about before Lake Tahoe, California, Surfers Paradise, Australia, Half Moon Bay, California USA, Mai Khao, Phuket Thailand, Lihue, Hawaii and so on. Additionally I am all set to try new places in 2017 … SPG just adds the options which I could never plan (as I am loyal to Marriott) before like Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Fiji, Bora Bora, Greece and more. Keep it up.” Read full post
1. Today through March 14, 2017, comment on this post and you could win 20,000 points. Here are some ideas:
- If you have the card, did it make the difference in achieving your Elite status?
- Have any tips to share on earning or using the extra points? Insiders are the experts, so we’d like to hear your experience.
- If you don’t own the card but have questions or comments, here’s the place to post them.
Everyone who comments has a chance to win a prize of 20,000 Rewards points. The winner will be announced March 14, 2017.
2. In our next post, we’ll feature a few member comments. If yours is chosen, you’ll get 1,000 points as a thank-you.
The Live Elite promotion is run by Marriott Rewards Insiders. This is not a Marriott Rewards Credit Card promotion.
You can comment on this post once you're signed in.
|Not an Insider yet?|
Sign in with your Marriott Rewards account to comment