Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2012 8:16 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Stay 2 nights Get 1 Free night Promotion

buckeyefever Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This promotion is being advertised via sticker on the USA Today paper I received this morning at the Courtyard and indicates one is to go to Marriott Rewards Mega Bonus.  I do NOT see any mention of this promotion whe I sign into my rewards account (Platinum Elite member).  Is this a valid promotion or not and if it is, how do I sign-up?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Stay 2 nights Get 1 Free night Promotion
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Buck,

Megabonus is a real promotion. There are different target/rewards within the promo. The one on the sticker is one of two or three. Go to your account, find promotion central....your offer should be seen there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jayman035 Gold

have marriott stopped running this mega bonus. i know one ended in march, and there is no longer the stay 2 nights get 1 promo. or is this more of a winter - spring promo?? i usually sign up for this, and its just stopped showing up. any thoughts??

californian Platinum 33 Reviews

We get offered different promotions.  There are many other threads on this.  You can vote to have Marriott give us a choice of what we want.  I think this has a chance since it will save Marriott money.

communitymanager Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for your question buckeyefever. Please see the response from Tef6178 for help registering for the MegaBonus promotion. https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/41632#41632

mgoes2 Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

YAY!!!

Just got the 5,000 point bonus for 2 different stays at a Fairfield Inn!!! 

I think they usually automatically register you for promotions if your on the site as a Marriott Rewards member.  I always check "Promotion Central" though to make sure I am registered for any points promotions and to check my progress.  Right now there are 2 separate promotions, the 2 stay one and the summer bonus.

gk17 Platinum 1 Reviews

Some members were able to get their promotions changed to the one they want over the phone with Marriott customer service. If you don't see that promotion in your account under Promotion Central, give them a call to see if they can change what you currently have to that one instead. From what I understand, this is targeted to those members who don't stay at the Fairfield Inn or Courtyard as much. So your result may vary depending on whether you frequently stay at those two chains.

govt_traveller Gold

Megabonus.  I just rec'd a free night cert on my account.  I was pleasantly surprised.  When I tried to use it, however, I did not have enough points to spend.  I have never really been much of a traveler but please enlighten me p if the night is "free," why would it have to cost me anything??

sg1974 Gold

I had this issue recently when I was trying to book up using my free night certificates. The free night certificates should show up when you choose the option to use points.

I contacted customer service and they told me to book it up as though I was using my points. They said they would amend the reservation by attaching the free night certificates to it. They did exactly that and forwarded the updated reservation to me the next day.

You should not need any points to use your free night.  As Sg said, just book as though you are using points but be sure to stay at a Category 4 or less.

mgoes2 Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I usually call the Elite phone line when making a reservation using the certificates...and yes, it should be free for a category 4 and under.  I've just found it's easier to have one of the helpful Marriott customer service reps deal with the whole certificate issue.

The elite people really do treat us well and people like you give them job security. 

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Another advantage I have found by having Elite Support help is that they often offer a Suite upgrade at booking time.

I just used one of my certificates, and was having problems getting it to work online, so I called Elite Support.

After they fixed it for me, they asked if I wanted them to run downstairs and see if they could arrange a suite upgrade for me.

Never even thought to ask, and it was great they offered.

Now I am all set, finally able to use one of my Cat1-4 certificates which out making up somewhere to go, and upgraded to a suite as well!

Doesn't get any better!