8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2011 2:37 PM by tef6178 RSS

do Marriott rewards points expire?

bloombergtv Member
Currently Being Moderated

i am doing this Scavenger hunt to put some activity on my account because I hear that MR points expire if no inactivity?

i have been staying at Marriotts but my company books rates that dont qualiffy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: do Marriott rewards points expire?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

No they do not expire..However would suggest you add or use points once every year or so in case the rules change!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Actually there is a maybe, in that no activity after a certain period of time may cancel the Marriott Rewards account.  If in doubt call the Rewards line for clarification.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

Agreed, it is a two year timeframe for inactivity.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/default.mi

See Item #8 for answer to point/account expiration.

Wonder if you can be reinstated if dropped?  I know the airlines have a provision for this.

Good question. Maybe the 'powers' can weigh in. There's nothing in the T&C that I saw to address re-instatement. My guess would be probably not because all the changes in their programs I have encountered regarding points are to get them to expire. Expiration = less liability. The timeshare program as re-done has points expiring after two years whether you use them or not.....no extension even with activity. Use them or lose them.

That's a bummer but beneficial to Marriott Vacation Club I am sure.  Don't they change names at the start of 2012?

New management team takes over as of November 1 of this year I believe. I didn't take the bait to join the new timeshare 'Points' program, so my weeks/points aren't subject to expiration.

Under the Terms and Conditions of the Program, if there is no point activity over a two (2) year period, Marriott reserves the right to expire any points at that time. However, I doubt they would do it but one never knows.....

If you have a Marriott Visa and buy something...the points addition from purchases does keep the activity calendar window moving.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...