4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2011 11:33 AM by favargas RSS

Paypal

residentx Gold
Currently Being Moderated
When will Marriott Add Paypal as a payment option on it's Website?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Columbia, Maryland, USA
  • A: Paypal
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
    I doubt that will ever happen. PayPal leverages an "immediate payment" process used mostly for buying merchandise. Making a reservation does not require immediate payment, thus the PayPal approach is not the same because no payment is required up to the cancellation deadline.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

residentx Gold 1 Reviews
    Marriott should still add it. I prepay a lot of visits to Marriott during the holidays. Also, I work at HP and for our negotiated rates we now have to prepay to get the best rates.

deltadagger Member 5 Reviews
    Hi, Marriott is losing a ton of money not using Pay pal ---- also why cant we buy Marriott rewards points at the hotels?

favargas Platinum
    They already take most major credit and debit cards so it makes little sense for Marriott to use paypal, first of all the transaction fees are higher than what they have already negotiated with their merchant services provider. Most frequent travelers pay with a credit card to get miles/points or because they are using a company card; and most business travelers will rarely to never prepay for a hotel reservation. Quite frankly paypal only acts sort of like an online escrow agency which in my opinion is not suitable for this type of business (as you don't need an escrow) but more for average Joe transactions with another average Joe.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...