9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2013 10:50 PM by n_turn RSS

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Vs. Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, Maui.  What's better for a romantic honeymoon???

allijeee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Vs. Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, Maui. What's better for a romantic honeymoon??? Which is the newer hotel? Which has updated rooms? Which would make for a better honeymooners hotel?

• A: Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Vs. Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, Maui.  What's better for a romantic honeymoon???
    spurfan Platinum
    When the Maui Ocean Club was a hotel, it was fantastic. Spent many great, great vacations there. Now that it is part of Marriott Vacation Club International (a timeshare operation), I suspect it probably just as great; however, you may have difficulty in getting a reservation because it is a time share operation. Never stayed at the Wailea Beach Marriott, but, to me, anything in Hawaii including a tent on the beach is great.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• A: Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Vs. Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, Maui.  What's better for a romantic honeymoon???
    retireddon Gold
    Wailea, slower pace, close to national reserve for snorkeling, abundance of adult space. If you want more action Maui Ocean Club gives more entertainment and dining options. You really can not go wrong with either venue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eaglecroy Platinum
    Go to the Wailea facility, the Ocean Club is a family place. I booked my son and his new bride at the Ocean Club and there was a grass fire which cut off the road so they switched to the Wailea site last June.

versel Alumni Steward Platinum
    I haven't stayed at the Ocean Club, but the Wailea Marriott was great. Make sure you get an ocean view room. It's pretty nice sitting on the balcony watching the sunset.

surfclubber Gold
    both are nice. ocean club is near lots of food and shops.

brucewayne Platinum 2 Reviews
    Both are great choices, depends on what you want to do I have stayed at or near both locations, my last stay was at the Wailea resort, our room was next to the pool near the lobby, we had a great stay, Wailea is very upscale, great location to walk on the ocean front walkway to the Beach, sand walks vs walkway and to other upscale resorts for dinning site seeing, swimming. The resort staff was great, the hotel, landscape and dinning was above excellent. At the time of our stay they were renovating part of the hotel a new pool and renovation of rooms was in the works so with that done it is most likly even better. A shopping mall is around the corner, here you can dine / drinks and check out the ART purchase all types of great stuff. Golf is just down the street. World famous beaches just down the road to walk on for miles. The Ocean Club is near Kaanapali and Lahaina, call or check out the web to see if they had damage from the earth quake high water surge. This area is great as well yet a little busy. Kaanapali beach was my top choice for the limited amout of night life on Maui, both locations you have to go to Lahaina for the limited Maui style clubs. You can walk to some of the top dinning at Whalers village, evening drinks with music, shopping, snorkling at black rock at the end of the beach, nice morning walk or run and end the day evening stroll. This area is the hotel row of Maui, lots of people. you can take a car or shuttle to Lahaina to shop, dine and sight see, some night clubs for music and some of the best Art shops on the island. If you go to Maui check out Lahaina even if you stay at the Wailea you will find lots to see and do, the Safeway is located in the area as well. Nice Sunsets at both locations, both resorts have activity centers to do as you wish. Check out Duke's and Kemo's. My choice would be the romantic sunset view at the Pool overlooking the ocean at the Wailea. Have a great honeymoon, and many wonderful trips together for the rest of your lives.

lexusf416 Gold 1 Reviews
    We've stayed at both locations two summers ago and you can't go wrong at either location. The Wailea area is more exlusive and sits near Wailea Bay which is one of the top beaches in the world. Great higher end restaurants in the area within walking distance. The Grand Wailea is next door and one of our all time favorite resorts (Hilton owned) - a must hang out spot if you can sneak into their pools - amazing! The beach club is great and we did that with the kids. It's located on a different part of the island closer to Lahaina and Kanappali with more bar scenes and shopping. A good bit more crowded than Wailea with wide open beaches. Great for kids and families. Both locations very clean and 1/2 the Ocean Club is newer so request that.

levoyageur Platinum 1 Reviews
    We just got back from a 2 week vacation in Maui, we stayed at both at the Maui Ocean Club and at the Wailea Marriott. For a honeymoon, my vote is to go to the Wailea Marriott and stay in an ocean front suite. You can't beat the view, sound of the ocean, and watching those gorgeous sunsets. The Wailea Marriott was recently renovated, has a pool for adults, and seems to have fewer children, plus the gardens around the hotel are beautiful. The Ocean Club is a time share and you'll see more families with children. Its very nice, but certainly isn't romantic to me.

• Re: Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Vs. Wailea Beach Marriott Resort, Maui.  What's better for a romantic honeymoon???
    n_turn Silver 4 Reviews

I've stayed at both several times and Wailea would win hands down.   The Maui Ocean Club is a timeshare, and service and ammentites have been drastically cut back.  Parts of the resort are downright depressing.  Kannapali is going through some changes, and it is not the same place as it was 10 years ago.  On the other hand, Wailea has just gotten nicer.  The hotel has a great restaurant, bar and beautiful lobby as well as room service. The spa is fantastic.  The infinity pool is an adult pool and there are about 6 private cabana's that have the best view on Maui (they are pricey, but to me diffently worth it).  The adjoining hotels are all very upscale, with LOTS of choices for dining, and the shopping area has great, great restaurants.  All of this within walking distance.  It does take longer to get to Front Street, but it's closer to the volcano and Makawao which is a fun upcountry area.  Last time I went to Wailea, we didn't even rent a car and stayed there and walked everywhere ( my favorite restaurant in Maui is Longhi's and now there is one in Wailea.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...