3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2011 3:06 PM by dejamo RSS

New My Account = Loss of Information = More Phone Calls

rwthib Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

The New My Account is horrible.

Loss of useful information.

Does Marriott Really want me to only have 3 reservations, because now it is much harder to manage more than that.

Loss of breakdown of nights.

Loss of lifetime balance.

What used to be self service now has me calling the Customer Service Desk to get informtion.

Did anyone even ask an elite member what they need.

Looks like someone who just got out of a marketing class decided to change the look without even thinking about what the purpose of the site was for.

If you goal was to have a pretty site - Maybe acomplished.

If you goal was to meet the needs of your customers, encourage more business and reduce calls and cost to customer service then this is an epic fail.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New My Account = Loss of Information = More Phone Calls
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Good post.

How would you suggest we get the attention of Marriott to make this better or at least the way it was and we were used to?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nicerinperson Platinum

I really think it it difficult to navigate. At first I checked to make sure I hadn't changed a setting and then realized it was a new site layout. Gone away is the total nights, it would have been better to retain those, add lifetime point totals as well as an indicator of when you joined. No improvements that are readily apparent IMO.

dejamo Platinum

My vote is to set a deadline for a response to the community, about their intentions and/or course of action.  Barring that deadline being met,  there are plenty of other hotels around with status matching that are eager and appreciative of our business and literally show it.

I submit, a timely response is the first order of business that they should undertake.

Honestly,  they are making it harder and harder to be loyal to the brand. 

Platinum Premier -v- Platinum is useless, nothing extra,  Platinum -v- Gold,  nothing special there either except once every 50 stays,  Gold -v- Silver,  nothing special from what you would get if you were nice at check in.

Look at Ambassador level with IHG with guarantees out the wazoo.  That is 22 extra nights since July that could have gone to Marriott,  but I chose otherwise, where sometimes, substance matters!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...