1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 22, 2011 8:41 AM by versel RSS

Marriott Reservations

lyle1196 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Got stuck in Las Vegas because Southwest insisted I miss my connection so I needed a hotel.  I call the Gold reservation line and make a reservation.  The problem was that when I arrived at the hotel 5 hours later they didn't have a record of the reservation.

Thankfully, the hotel did have an available room at State rate so at least I could get a room.

But I can't help thinking what was the point of calling to make a reservation.  I used a different credit card to pay for the room and of course Marriott charged my card on file, but thankfully did credit that charge back.

I did stay at two other Marriott properties on my trip and had a good experience except at the Lodge at Sonoma.

THE LODGE AT SONOMA IS  A TERRIBLE HOTEL.  SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY ELSEWHERE.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
  • Re: Marriott Reservations
    versel Alumni Steward Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

I'm not suggesting this is what happened with you, but it reminded me of a funny (and a little bit embarassing) thing that happened to me.

I arrived at the Courtyard Atlanta Airport South for an overnight stay before my early morning flight. When I got there, there were more people than usual in the lobby and outside. I soon found out that the hotel and surrounding area didn't have any power and were unable to check anyone in. The property was very nice about it. They were handing out free cookies, and bottled water and then glow sticks when it started to get dark. They were also helping people make alternate reservations. I decided to just wait it out. When the electricity finally came back on, they weren't able to find my reservation in the system. I was somewhat annoyed and decided to pull up the confirmation number in my email.

Turns out my reservation was at the Courtyard Atlanta Airport NORTH which had power the whole time...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...