6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 4, 2010 6:48 PM by keglerbill RSS

Best Marriott Property in Hawaii?

rareform Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I are headed on our first trip to Hawaii next February.  We are undecided about which Marriott property to stay at.  We are using points and prefer nice rooms, nice beaches with cabana bars and not too crowded.  We are in our early 40's.  Which would you recommend we are considering Kauai, Maui and the JW on Oahu?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
HI, USA
  • Re: Best Marriott Property in Hawaii?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Rareform

Hi.  My wife and I went on oiur 1st Hawiian vacaion this past September.  You guys will love it!  February will be a perfect time for whale watching.  We went to Maui and i believe you have 3 choices.  1)  Marriott Kaanapali.  2)  Marriott waialiea.  3)  Ritz Carlton Kapalua.   We splurged and stayed at the Ritz.  For my wife and I, we would not consider another place.  It was way beyond any expectation.  That said, the Marriott property near Kaanapali looked very nice and is ocean front.  It also is purported to be in a great whale watching area. The marriott Waialea, also ocean front, appeared to have some very aqctive nite life.  there is a pool/bar area that looked very nice and the property is next door to a wonderful four seasons hotel.  Check trip advisor for reviews on all 3 properties.  That's all I've got.  spelling may be suspect on the towns, but this should be sufficient for you to find them.  Get ready for the tinme of your lives.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

My family has taken Hawaiian vacations almost every year for the past 26 years --- all staying at one Marriott property or another.  We began back when Marriott had only one property in Hawaii - the Maui Marriott Hotel on Ka'anapali Beach (now a great timeshare resort known as Marriott's Maui Ocean Club).

If you are looking for a resort with elegance and Hawaiian style, I would choose the Ritz-Kapalua or the Wailea Marriott Resort, located on opposite ends of the island of Maui.  On Kauai, the Kauai Marriott Resort is a great family resort on fabulous Kalapaki Beach.

If Hawaii is new to you, you may also want to visit Oahu and the Ko Olina or Waikiki Marriotts --- both fine properties --- and there is much history on Oahu. 

If I were in your place, I would first decide which island or islands I would wish to visit ---- based on scenery and non-commercial attractions --- in other words, things you wish to see and experience.  From that list you can chose which Marriott properties you wish for resort lodging and also plan your schedule.  Make sure to plan for substantial relaxation and recreation  --- that's what Hawaiian vacations are all about.

Happy trails!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Wow!  What a tough decision!  Going to Hawaii and don't know where to stay!

How can you go wrong at a Ritz Carlton??  However, I've never stayed at one.

We stayed at the JW Marriott Ihilani on the west end of Oahu and I just don't know how it could have been any better!  As Country Jim pointed out, Oahu is full of history, and I don't think I could've visited Hawaii and not visit the Arizona and Missouri.

I don't see how you can go wrong with any of the suggestions.  What a great trip.  Let us know how it goes.

jpospeshil Platinum 2 Reviews

Maui is great!  I have been to Hawaii on business and took my wife when I was in Maui.  I would stay there if I had a choice or the big isalnds of Hawaii.  Ohau is more like a big city environment.  As a platnium member I lliked it much better in Maui. 

rosalivingtrus Gold 2 Reviews

The JW  @ Oahu is beautiful.  Not too crowded and everything you asked.  You will need a car to get to the location from the airport and to get around to see other sites on the island.

It is located on the east shore and adjacent to the Marriott Kolina Beach Club.  Beautiful sunsets and private beach area.

I have only seen the other islands and properties when we went on a cruise.  Once we stayed at the location at JW @ Kolina in Oahu we are on our way back for the 4th time to Hawaii and 3rd time to stay at Kolina beach club a timeshare resort.  You will not be disappointed with the location of the JW @ Oahu

GO FOR IT !!!!!!! 

keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews

No matter where you go, it will be a wonderful experience.

My opinion is to stay on Oahu for your first trip to Hawaii. You can't beat the Ihilani at Ko Olina. The Marriott at Waikiki is nice as well, but you have the crowds to deal with, and it isn't on the beach.

I've stayed at Marriotts on Kauai, Maui, and the Big Island as well. Although Kauai is my favorite island, the Marriott on Maui (Wailea) is the best of the bunch. We were upgraded to a first floor room with lanai that was not more than 100 feet from the water. What a fabulous place -- great restaurants, spa, infinity pool. You have to do the zipline excursion if you go to Maui.

The resort at Waikoloa on the Big Island was also great but there was a lot of construction going on. I'm sure it's back in full swing by now. Big Island has so much -- watch the sunset wearing a parka at the top of Mauna Kea, then stargazing at 10,000 feet -- helicopter ride over the volcano, rain forests around Hilo, desert dryness of Kona.

I agree with previous posters -- pick an island -- then go with the Marriott that's available. No sense popping for the extra buck for a Ritz -- the Hawaiian Marriotts are great!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...