3 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2010 8:41 PM by herndonrd RSS

Bad customer service

teetee Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Can't believe I was on the phone with customer service to ask for advice.

She made fun of me and just being very impolite.

What a bad experience I have had!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
Colorado, USA
  • Re: Bad customer service
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I hope you got the rep's name, so that you can call back and ask for a supervisor to complain about the way you say you were treated.  Rude customer service is inexcusable!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

chances are they recorded the call--especially if you heard that advisory at the outset, so there is a way to followup.

herndonrd Platinum

The advice that you got from the other two posts is spot on.  Sorry that you had a bad experience, but I would say from my long experience with Marriott (>1000 nights stayed) that this is not typical.

One other thing to keep in mind going forward is that, if you stay at the same property routinely, get to know the GM.  I stay at a specific Courtyard a lot (everyone knows me by name) and one of the few times that I did have a problem with Marriott Customer Service, I mentioned it to the GM while we were talking one day, and the next day Corporate was calling me to fix my problem and falling over themselves to appologize.  It might not always work, but it helps to have friends inside the system.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...