4 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2010 9:42 PM by stevew RSS

Concierge Lounge Access

geoff27 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am reposting this with the hopes that someone in corporate will respond with an explanation.

As one who travels weekly on business and often spends the weekend in the last hotel of the week to unwind, wouldn't it be nice to have access to the lounge after noon on Friday. Even if it was open on a limited basis for coffee and water, it would be a vast inprovement over the current situation. What troubles me more is that I find this is corporate policy rather than an individual hotel decision.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Concierge Lounge Access
    anadyr Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

On an individual basis some hotels will comp. sodas and coffee for Platinum guests during the weekend but this is an individual choice and in no way blessed by corporate.

I agree that the issue is being friendly and not skimpy for weekenders, but that dollars make more sense I suppose.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

scifisu Platinum

I recently spent five nights at the Renaissance Chancery Court in London - including a weekend - and it was very pleasent to have the club lounge open the entire time.  It would be a big plus for us if the lounge was open on weekends in the U.S.

Why is there a difference between the international hotels and the US hotels?

anadyr Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I have heard that is Marriott corporate policy to close the lounges on the weekend and make the hours of opening standard within the US. Costs seem to be the primary driver in this decision.

stevew Platinum

Even limited access would be great. Coffee, water and a quiet place to read he paper.

There are selected perks right now. I was recently at the Marquis in NYC over a weekend and they comped breakfast.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...