9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 11:35 PM by tryt53 RSS

Total Membership Nights

phbookman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have noticed that the rewards page now includes the total nights that I have stayed since joining the program. Does this mean anything or does a certain number of stays get you to a designation or level? Anything special at 500, 750, 1000, etc?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Total Membership Nights
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 3 Reviews

not sure if there is anything short term but to get the lifetime status you have to achieve a certain number of nights, for platinum its 1000 lifetime nights, 2.8M points (I think?) be in the program 12yrs and attain platinum along the way  (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this).

Until now those total nights were somewhat of a guessing game for most people.  It could also play into being given the Plat Premier status but as there is no published steps to achieve that rating, we cannot be sure.

Hope that helps :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

taxman415 Platinum

From the Marriott Website...

As our ambassador has informed the community, we wanted to share with you a few updates made to all Elite level Lifetime criteria. As noted, the requirements regarding years enrolled in the program (at least 12) and nights stayed will not be changing. The main changes impact the point threshold. With this in mind, requirements are now as follows:
    Achieved Silver / Gold / Platinum Elite status one or more years

Earned at least 1.2 million / 1.6 million / 2.0 million points

Stayed at least 600 / 800 / 1000 nights

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 3 Reviews

would be great to see total points accumulated over the years, would be the final piece to at least knowing your lifetime status possibilities :)

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

Zukracer - an e-mail to elite.member@marriott.com can get you your total lifetime points earned. In addition, you can ask about status level changes over the years and they will reply with details as to when you first reached each status and the month/year you did so.

iamthetoe Platinum

Is that information posted somewhere or did you find it in a blog?  I started Silver in '05 and worked up to Platinum by '07; curious to know how many gray hairs I'll have when I get my Lifetime status.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Just a note, for the new website, to now see how many total nights you have stayed, you can do the following:

Go to your account activity page and select the link to the left for "Last Tansaction".  When that page comes up, you will see a print options over on the right side of the page.  If you select print (even if you don't have a printer attached), you will see a print preview page.  Up towards the top left of the page you will see Total Nights Stayed.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

tryt53

thanks for the tip!  I just followed your instructions and there it was!  How did you find it?

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Actually ssindc had mentioned that they had to print out a statement and that it was on there.  Someone else said they had an iPad that wasn't hooked to a printer and that sent me looking to see whether a print preview window would pop up and if it had it there.  Thanks to ssindc for seeing it first on a printed copy.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Yes,  Thanks for the tip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...