10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2010 9:19 PM by whistler RSS

Platinum Premier - 100 Nights????

ravnwyng Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am a Platinum Premier, and I remember being sent the welcome package telling me that as long as I maintained Platinum status, I would remain Platinum Premier.

Now, as for the roll-over nights.  I stayed 90 nights last year, but they are not crediting me with any nights, because they are maintaining that you need 100 nights to maintain Platinum Premier.

Any other PPs see  25 nights not being credited to them?

Advice?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier - 100 Nights????
    davidash Platinum 2 Reviews

Yes the roll over nights were night OVER your current level. Thus any nights over 10 for silver. 50 for gold, 75 for platinum and 100 for Plat Premier.

I am PP and stayed 129 in 2009 so I have 29 nights that rolled over for 2010.

These roll over night amounts were described in detail when MR came out with the promotion.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ravnwyng Platinum 2 Reviews

So, as a Platinum Premier you get screwed out of 25 nights that a Platinum Elite member would get credited.

It was my understanding that Platinum Premier was the top 3% of Platinum.  If that is the case, then to get credited for rollover nights, it should be the same as the Platinum Elite level.  i.e. anything in excess of 75 nights.

To not give credit for the 25 nights between 75 and 100, means that your being in the top 3% means you are less appreciated than the other 97% of the Platinum Elite members.

This makes little sense.  How do you "reward" your top 3% by giving them less and requiring them to do more?

The only answer I got from Marriott Rewards was this:  Regardless of how many nights you stay in 2010, if you are Platinum Premier, you will not drop below Platinum Elite.

Thanks for your answer, though.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Were you requalified as Platinum Premier short of the 10 nights additional required?

keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews

Ravynwyng -- I would hope that you'd get the carryover nights above 75 nights. The required number of nights for Platinum Premier is both unpublished, and appears to be a moving target. So how can 100 nights suddenly become the standard? Let's hope that your carryover nights just haven't been posted to your account yet, and will show up soon.

My 2010 status got posted today. I had 167 nights in 2009, have 92 carryover nights for 2010, and was upgraded to Platinum Premier for 2010. 

When I compare the benefits pages for Platinum and Platinum Premier, the only differences are 1. Discount Dining Program (3 coupons for 20% off); 2. One-night upgrade certificate when using points (may or may not be available in 2010); and 3. a different toll-free number to call. Pretty scant perks if they are taking away 25 carryover nights from you for the privilege.

My question -- to you and other Platinum Premier members -- can I expect to see more frequent upgrades this year now that I've achieved the Premier status? If so -- then there's real value in attaining this level. I know with Delta, when I moved from Gold to Platinum it was like night and day in terms of the number of upgrades I got. And with Delta Diamond in 2010, I expect that to get even better. Do you see a significant difference in upgrades with Marriott because of the Premier status?

Thanks,

bikesdestroy Platinum 1 Reviews

I noticed that my PP account was updated today.  All the math is correct in my account overview.  

Perhaps with millions of MR members active in the program, it will take some time for all accounts to be updated.  It could be alphabetical, or it may be numerical by MR membership number... who knows?  When all else fails, ring them up! 

Troy

tjcnewyork Platinum

Troy:

With one very minor exception (a 500 pt welcome gift), the math on mine is accurate too.

Given 33 million Marriott Rewards members, updating surely must be a complex and labor intensive back-office operation.  See 2010 Postings for a recent update.

texasvoyager Platinum 29 Reviews

I too am a Platinum Premier member with 137 nights in 2009.  I checked on my account balance today and discovered the same thing, only 37 nights were rolled over for 2010.  I confirmed with Guest Services that the threshold for Platinum Premier is indeed 100.  Just the same, I'm still quite happy to see the roll over nights.

mrrich Platinum

Keglerbill -

"I would hope that you'd get the carryover nights above 75 nights. The required number of nights for Platinum Premier is both unpublished, and appears to be a moving target. So how can 100 nights suddenly become the standard?"

100 is not the threshold for PP status. As you correctly note, there is no published standard and the threshold takes many factors into account, so 125 might not qualify one person and 98 might qualify another.

So MR had to pick a number for this promo.  They picked 100.  When the announcement went out, PP's were told that the threshold was 100.  So why do you "hope that you'd get the carryover nights above 75"?

As a PLT, I can hope that I'd get carryover nights over 50.  It's nice to hope. But the fact is, that's not the terms of the promo.

iflyjetzzz Platinum

You received an e-mail in April 2009 that stated:

"Dear Ravnwyng,

We appreciate you as a Platinum Premier Elite member - and we know your nights are valuable to you. That's why we're breaking new ground to help you retain your Elite status.

Announcing Elite Rollover Nights!

Every night this year you stay above the 100 nights needed to maintain your current Platinum Premier level in 2009 is yours to keep and count toward your 2010 Elite status.

It's the only rollover night enhancement we know of - anywhere.

Plus, we'll give you a head start with double nights. Stay at any
    participating Marriott® hotel between May 11 and June 26, 2009, and earn double nights, starting with your first stay. Plus, we've already preregistered you for this great promotion.

So get twice the nights with this double deal. And since every night this year counts, it's easier to maintain your Platinum Premier status.

Get more details now. "

OK, now the bad news.  The rollover of nights was based on your status at the end of 2009, which was PP.  Now the REALLY bad news.  On 1 March, you go will almost certainly go back down to Plat status.

PP renewal is a moving target; I've seen posts where 75 did it one year and another year it took 125.  For 2009, had you simply done a 10 day mattress run, you'd have been guaranteed to maintain PP.

whistler Platinum
    All I can say is that it is a moving target. I stayed 177 nights last year and did not receive PP status. I have been platinum for 5 years always doing more then 100 nights and have never been PP

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...