3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2009 5:58 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

What do guests want?

anadyr Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Recently in NYC, at a convention of hotel executives, a panel discussion dealt with the issue of guest expectations.  What was said is revealing and at the same time suprising.  For road warriors I would recommend reading this short article to find out what hoteliers think guests want.

Worth a read for sure.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What do guests want?
    chiili Platinum 7 Reviews

Thank you for the article.  I agree

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pltnmprincess Platinum

Thanks Steppingstones, great article!

The bottom line is we all want to feel special and important - the smart hoteliers will key in on that and make it happen for everyone.  The article is right, its not about the room, its about how we feel staying in that hotel.  (Of course if the staff gives me an especially nice room, I feel really good about that.) When the hotel staff bends over backwards to make me feel special, I will bend over backwards to try to stay in that hotel - even if it's further away, even if it's more expensive (to a point).

tjcnewyork Platinum

“show that you care about our needs” sums it up for me and aligns well with Marriott's Spirit to Serve philosophy.  While achievement of Elite status sets expectations on certain benefits, experience underscores the importance of communicating our needs in advance of arrival and during a stay.  Making them known provides the opportunity for an associate to take ownership for delivery and a positive outcome: guest satisfaction.  Great article, thanks for posting!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...