5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2009 5:14 PM by anadyr RSS

Marriott Points and Surveys

kahunapremier Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just an FYI to the masses.

Recently I noticed 100 point deposit into my account and it was based on a recent survey for Marriott. Seems like the lag is about 3 weeks from survey to posting, but an easy 100 points.

Took another survey today and hope to see more points added to my account. 

Marriott does look at these surveys so for about 5 minutes of your time, you can earn points.

• Re: Marriott Points and Surveys
    bschultz66 Platinum
    where are you finding the surveys?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

I believe the survey is the Guest Satisfaction Survey or GSS.  Marriott selects guests who recently completed a stay to participate in the Guest Satisfaction Survey.  Marriott relies on guest e-mail to solicit participants. Participants complete the survey online after entering a password sent via e-mail. Surveys remain active for a limited time that is unspecified. Once completed, the password is deactivated.

The purpose of the survey is to invite guest feedback on specific aspects of the property, the associates, the services, amenities and so on.  Marriott does this with the intent of continuous improvement.

Since the new year, I received and completed two surveys and never saw points posted to my account.  One was for Marriott Vacation Club and the other for Courtyard.  The e-mail for MVCI specifically states that by taking the survey, my name will be entered into a sweepstakes contest. The Courtyard related invitation did not include any incentive.

My feedback for both properties and the associates encountered, was very positive.  I suppose it would not hurt to include a suggestion that Marriott Rewards points would provide a welcome, 'Thank You' for taking the time to participate in the survey.  Good idea, Kahuna!  I'll do that from now on.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    I got one as well and got only 50 points--these were not GSS but a separate version.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Stepping Stones

"not GSS"

This is very good news.  I have always admired Marriott for the ability to probe for unmet needs and to better understand customer sentiment prior to making a change.  Do you recall which part of the Marriott organization the e-mail invitation came from and what topic(s) the survey covered? 

Given the administrative costs, I imagine that all surveys are internally sponsored for budget and metrics purposes.  Using points as an incentive indicates that the ante is even higher,  Marriott values the feedback and is willing to pay extra to receive it.

Double checking my inbox, I see that there is an invitation from the GM of Guest Services in mid-January 2009 that points to a different URL:

http://www.mr-survey.com

compared with the URL following a stay:

https://gsssurvey.marriott.com/web/welcome.aspx

According to my records, the mr-survey was sponsored by Marriott Vacation Club. I called MVCI Owner Services questioning the number of nights posted to my Marriott Rewards activity.  This is when I discovered that the policy changed June 30, 2008 favoring timeshare nights counted towards qualifying for Elite status. 

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

NY:

It was an email from "My Marriott Voice," a part of Marriott Rewards, and the surveys are varyng lengths-some get 50 and some get 100 points.  I have gotten two thus far and indicated I'd like more.

Hope that answers the question?

Stepping Stones  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...