16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2013 6:10 PM by merb RSS

Annual Marriott gift card purchase bonus

melroseman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Anyone have any information about the annual "Get 10 points per dollar on Marriott gift card purchases"?  The promotion usually comes out at about this time of the year, last year with a $2500 maximum.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Annual Marriott gift card purchase bonus
    melroseman Platinum

Hmm...replies are all gone and still no answer to the original question.  I guess that means there will be no annual bonus points for gift card purchases.  Would've been easy just to say so....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

erc Platinum

The replies are over in the More Like This column where the post was poised as a question. But you're right, no answer and since we have demonstrated proof that merb actually does follow up and dig out answers (as she stated she would twice in the link, 11/4 and 11/14) I draw the same conclusion as you - it's dead and they are not going to tell us (as well as giving their media team the same run around).

Somebody is going to justifiably be upset if they start buying gift cards as holiday gifts and then discover there is a bonus offer and if there's not, then I agree with you; since it's been asked, why not just inform us, The Insiders ?

Oh well, this is a similar approach they took with the gift cheque death and it lead to some strong feelings. I'm also finding more and more 'surprises' that they are of course, entitled to do (like service charges) but share no information about it.  Once again, we're on the short end of the financial equation and it shows.

merb Marriott Associate Member

I am still digging on this one. Followed up again and waiting to hear back. I hope to have an answer today. Thanks for the tag. It helps as a reminder!

misterchk Platinum 27 Reviews

Never heard about this promotion - maybe there is a discrimination against those of us on the "left coast" (LOL)

Seriously though, sounds like a great deal for us spending every other night of the year at a Marriott!

erc Platinum

That used to be one of the benefits of Insiders, we often heard of the seldom heavily promoted offers. Now between killing former deals and low keying those few that remain, it takes detective work to avoid being left out. Several of the 'deals' are sniffed out by an Insider and shared, so if you ever see anything, don't assume others know it, because we probably don't, so please post (especially any LA Live offers!).

shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

2014 was not a banner year for the rewards program    Increased point requirements, loss of gift cheques, now loss of gift certificate promo.

Hi Everyone! I heard word for the Gift Card team and they will not be doing that promotion this year.

madmax Gold 6 Reviews

thanks for your follow-up merb. Not what we wanted to hear but an answer none the less. Great job!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for your follow up, you're the lucky messenger again, merb...... The Gift Card Team should have considered the season and spread a little holiday cheer, instead, we get a nice dose of bah humbug....that's a shame. The message is loud and clear, Marriott has changed their customer loyalty strategy from let them eat cake, to "who needs them?"

erc Platinum

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/94921#94921  Pending Questions

Ok, that knocks another Pending Question off our list.

still awaiting answers on

The continued (it was once granted) ability to opt out of resort fees

Whether or not IAHFLYR's beloved Marriott/United trade is extended beyond 1/31/14

Why so many properties do not allow booking rooms for points even 340 days out (bpelican)

and not because we really need to know, but because it's so much fun (ssindc)

Who won the Tell Arne 1,000 points

and joshm is confirming whether or not the annual credit card fee earns points (we have two different answers)

Thanks for your efforts merb. I and no doubt as stated above, many Insiders, appreciate your efforts and would much prefer to know the answer than not (since the outcome is the same whether we know it or not).

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Beloved and becoming even more so for those who will remain in Economy.

United Cuts Pretzels From International Flights In Economy & BOB Expands | LoyaltyLobby

Sounds like yet another cut by an airline that is taking a tail spin as long as Slimezek and his circus clowns are running the show.  Might end up being about as beloved as CY and the great java heist!

erc Platinum

Aah, but the zen in me sez, the worse United gets, the better our chances of an extension .

Of course. communitymanager, joshm and I do our best to find the correct answers for you guys. We appreciate your patience while we do that.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

And it is one heck of a great job you folks do, I certainly appreciate any and all help you provide in an attempt to make me smart......as futile as that attempt may be.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...